12265 Rome in November

Planning a trip with friends to Rome. Its a very long time since I've been. Any suggestions on which is the best area to stay in? Any recommendations of hotels, B&B or rental apartment for 4.

All info much appreciated, have looked at past posts via the search facility.

Category
Travel & Holiday Advice

Hello Cassini if you have read past threads you will have picked up my recommendations, including staying at Residenza Zanardelli? if not PM me.

We find Rome EXHAUSTING and returning home to Umbria decided that we should have studied the transport system better. Worked it out before hand, researched, for example, how the bus routes operate. (We once ended up in the bus depot by mistake!!!) At times a taxi would have been better. Also I would recommend looking at the Slow Travel website for Italy, where people post "stories" about their experiences and make all sorts of recommendations. Finally eat if you can, where the locals do, as the Gambero Rosso recommendations may well disappoint you.

Some relatives have recommended this hotel in the Transtevere:
[url=http://www.hotelsantamaria.info/]Hotel Santa Maria - Rome (Albergo in Roma, Italia)[/url]
They found it very pleasant. If you decide to go, let us know your opinion. I have it in mind for our next trip.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Both places look good, need to get my Rome guide out and decide what I want to see I think.