12401 Burglaries on the wane!

No it's true. Il Resto Del Carlino, Macerata.
For the whole province there were 66 reported house burglaries for the whole of last year! A vast decrease of 37%!!!
Any figures anybody for Ascoli or Fermo?

Category
Travel, Talk, Safety

So a 37% reduction in burglaries in Macerata province:yes:. Also drink driving offences are down but drug driving is up. :eeeek:

It is good news David as Binty says, I can now sleep easy at night, more so than I ever did in England.
Ax

Woohay- But is it because nobody has anything worth nicking

No it's cos they have all come over here. It is the season for burglaries around here alright. A nominated person sends round a "warning email", sometimes with car numbers included. Apparently (don't know if it is true) gypsies look out for properties to rob. If it is yes go for it ...they tie a green ribbon in the trees by the property. Red for no or red and white for give it a try but be careful!

In our village a drill was used to get into a house via the shutters whilst the people slept, a bag was stolen and a car from the house next door. There are many incidents where opportunists distract householders by asking for directions, whilst another team memeber goes in and robs. Put your car keys under your pillow or hide them.

Hmmm... who is fibbing?
Found this fairly recent thread on the same subject:veryconfused:

[URL]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/travel-talk-safety/11716-burglaries-rise.html[/URL]

I do hope Madam that you are not suggesting that the Italian press would print an untruth? :smile:

[quote=DavidUno;120756]I do hope Madam that you are not suggesting that the Italian press would print an untruth? :smile:[/quote]

Just was a-wondering how the figures could be on the rise and wane simultaneously...:eerr: