12266 Help with Puglia Wedding

Hi - I'm getting married in Puglia - near San Vito - in September this year.
I'm trying to find an english vicar/preist to do a blessing...
I'm also trying to find a decent band for the recpetion....
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks!

Category
Weddings in Italy

hi
What kind of music are you after? I would think it would be great to get a local Tarantella band. Let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Also, when it comes to accommodation we can offer 8 of your guests a fantastic trullo experience at Trullo Solari!

Cathy

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Lots of work and nerves ahead for you, but it is a great time in your life, so it is all worth it. I advise you to have a look at the contents of the Weddings subforum as many matters have been discussed there.
Your main problem, at the moment, is to find a celebrant who would be able to speak English. Unless some member from Puglia comes with the right answer, you are going to have to accept that the ceremony will be in Italian. My advice is to carefully select the texts and the translations (it does not need to be the total contents of the ceremony) and have these printed into a nice booklet that the guests will be able to keep as a souvenir of the ceremony. You can also arrange with the celebrant so that a couple of family members or family could do some appropriate readings in English.
As for the band, I agree with Cathy. A "Tarantella" one will be lots of fun and will provide the right atmosphere.
Good luck and best wishes.

Thanks - band help would be great. It's only a small wedding - 40 guests - so we don;t need a massive band/set up.
Thanks re the accomodation as well.