12474 Money transfer for a non-resident

PLEASE somebody help me.
I am a non-resident looking to buy a property here with my Italian partner.
I dont have an Italian bank account,or residency here.
My Italian partners bank adviser told us I cannot send it directly to his bank account, as he would have to declare it all.
Any ideas on ways to get about 100,000 Euros here for a non-resident?
And NO I dont want to smuggle it in on easyjet!!!
Many thanks,:smile:

Category
General chat about Italy

[quote=durobird;121325]PLEASE somebody help me.
I am a non-resident looking to buy a property here with my Italian partner. I don't have an Italian bank account,or residency here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[/quote]

I also don't have residency - but that hasn't stopped me getting a bank account.

Can you not get one also?

If you are buying a house jointly, you will have to get a codice fiscale anyway. Once you have this, you will be able to open an account as a foreigner. Best, if it's a foreigners account in your name, so that your partner doesn't have to declare it. As the charges on non-residents account are higher though, you may not want to keep for long after the house purchase.

Jana

[quote=durobird;121325]PLEASE somebody help me.
I am a non-resident looking to buy a property here with my Italian partner.
I dont have an Italian bank account,or residency here.
My Italian partners bank adviser told us I cannot send it directly to his bank account, as he would have to declare it all.
Any ideas on ways to get about 100,000 Euros here for a non-resident?
And NO I dont want to smuggle it in on easyjet!!!
Many thanks,:smile:[/quote]

Have just deleted my post before I added it as amazingmarche took the words and advise from under me.

Hi Durobird,

Are you buying the property through an estate agent?

If so, they may be able to help you get your CF (mine did...) I just sent them a scan of our passports.

They also helped us get the bank account opened.

Good Luck

Jinty

Anyone purchasing a property in Italy needs a Codice Fiscale, so it is not only for opening a bank account which will be handy not only to transfer funds but for paying bills, etc. Also, a Codice Fiscale is an individual number and your partner will also need one.
There is a recent thread on this topic: [url]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/legal/11782-codice-fiscale.html[/url]
You can either get it overseas through the nearest Italian Consulate or obtain it in Italy. It is not a complicated thing to do. Best luck with the purchase!