12445 A joke to cheer us all up

[FONT=Verdana]OLD DOGS.

One day the old German Shepherd starts chasing rabbits and before[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]The old German Shepherd thinks, 'Oh, oh! I'm in deep doo-doo now!'[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] as the leopard is about to leap, the old German Shepherd exclaims[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] loudly, 'Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder, if there are[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] any more around here?'[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana] Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] 'Whew!' says the leopard, 'That was close! That old German Shepherd[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] nearly had me!'[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] it for protection from the leopard. So, off he goes, but the old[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] German Shepherd sees him heading after the leopard with great speed,[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] and figures that something must be up.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, 'Here,[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] conniving canine![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Now, the old German Shepherd sees the leopard coming with the monkey[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] on his back and thinks, 'What am I going to do now?', but instead of[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear,[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] the old German Shepherd says...[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]'Where's that darn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] another leopard!’[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Moral of this story.....[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Don't mess with the old dogs... Age and cunning will always overcome[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] youth and skill! Brains and brilliance only come with age and[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] experience.[/FONT]

Category
Circolo di Conversazione

This post has not been commented yet.