Monument: San Carlo Square
Piazza San Carlo is one of the main city squares in Turin.
It was laid out in the 16th and 17th century and is an example of Baroque style. Its current name is an hommage to Charles Borromeo while the square was previously known as Piazza Reale, Piazza d'Armi, and Place Napoleon.
The Caval 'd brons (piedmontese for bronze horse), equestrian statue of Emmanuel Philibert, Duke of Savoy, by Carlo Marochetti (1838), is located at the center of the square, that is surrounded by porticos designed by Carlo di Castellamonte around 1638. The twin churches of Santa Cristina and San Carlo Borromeo close the southern edge of the square.Wikipedia
Piazza San Carlo
10123 Torino TO