Bagni Image
10/30/2011 - 07:08

I am now living in Italy full time having got my residency & ID but I have been told that I need an E121 form to receive Italian Health care can anyone tell me where I can locate an applicationj form one of these? Many thanks



As Penny has mentioned, the E121 has been replaced by the S1form. You need to phone the International Pension Service in Newcastle upon Tyne who will issue a completed one. Their contact details are:-     Phone number +44 191 218 7777 Fax number +44 191 218 7021 Textphone (for those with speech or hearing difficulties) +44 191 218 7280 Address International Pension Centre Tyneview Park Newcastle Upon Tyne NE98 1BA United Kingdom Opening hours Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm

The S1 is only issued to those who are of UK retirement age, if you are below that you will only get the S1 if you are on long term benefits of some sort, I was on DLA before  left the UK and had to wait 3 months for that to be changed so that I could still get it in Italy, after that the S1 was sent out to me and I could register with my ASL to get my tessera sanitaria. 

I was caught in a major "Catch22" situation to resolve - I wanted to buy a car to get around, I could not buy a car without   a carta d' identita, I could not get the carta d'identita without medical cover, even though I could prove I had an income. I could not get registered with ASL for tessera sanitaria unless I had insurance cover (ie UK S1 form)the only way I could resolve the issue was to buy private medical cover that satisfied the requirements of my local anagrafe, who then issued my carta d'identita, I could then buy a car and I could then get to my ASL who issued the tessera sanitaria to me !!!I really learnt how hard it is fighting through Italian beurocracy - not for the faint hearted !!!

Congratulations on getting an Italian ID and residency! You will require an E121 form to receive Italian healthcare benefits. Having the appropriate application form is essential to a successful process. Even though I still need to locate the E121 form's exact location, there are trustworthy assignment writing service london that can help you conduct research and get the necessary materials. I hope your journey through the Italian healthcare system is smooth. I wish you luck!