I hold U.S./Italian dual citizenship but only live

12/09/2023 - 17:44

I hold U.S./Italian dual citizenship but only live part-time in Italy--I don't have residency--but a registered in A.I.R.E. with an Italian consulate in the U.S. as an "Italian citizen living abroad." I'm interested in getting a driver's license. I can just imagine how complex this would be. Does anyone know if there is a way I can get assistance to do this? Perhaps a law firm might do this? 



Read the AIRE GUIDE > https://www.lifeinitaly.it/documenti/aire12.pdf

pages , 14- driving licence - page 18 Certificates  - 22 Residenza

As an AIRE citizen, you have been assigned an Italian city of residence. You must ask the registry office of this city for an AIRE residence certificate - and an identity card - with the identity card and the residence certificate, you can go to an Italian driving school, possibly located in the same province in which the municipality where you live, and attend the course to obtain the Italian driving license.

Buon Lavoro :)