Culture and food trip in authentic Sicily with Italia Sweet Italia
- Live like a local and sleep in the heart of Palermo and a charming historic residence in Erice
- Prepare traditional Sicilian dishes with local women
- Responsible and sustainable tour of Sicily
- Experience traditional Sicilian street food
- Enjoy amazing landscapes and historical sites
- Explore enchanted seaside villages and nature reserves
Join us on a 8-day unique Italian cultural and culinary escorted tour to visit one of the most stunning Italian regions: Sicily.
For anyone eager to live an immersive adventure in the Italian and Sicilian culture and traditions, where you really get to know the food, region and people, your hosts and local guides together with their friends, have put together amazing experiences that combine passion, beautiful places, ethical visits and locals to show you the best of Western Sicily in a responsible way putting you in touch with local communities.
This is a fully escorted tour that will give you the insights into daily life, culture, food & wine, and production and will let you discover the authentic Italy in a balanced mix of experiences, relax, adventure and learning.
Respecting our philosophy, there will be only local guides that love and know everything (or almost:-)) about their area of Sicily, like Fabrizio (Italia Sweet Italia founder & Tour guide) for Abruzzo. The tour has been designed by Fabrizio and the local suppliers all together, who worked hard to select partners, licensed tour guides and passionate people living and working in Sicily, that share our philosophy and style to create a new and unique trip to support small local businesses and sustainable tourism.
The highlight of this tour is the chance to discover and experience the Sicilian culture with the warm hospitality of local people, great food and dessert traditions with the support of local suppliers only and small businesses.
Day 1 Sunday Palermo airport pick up, and “welcome to Sicily” dinner (meals included: dinner)
Day 2 Monday Explore Palermo’s historic center with its cultural sites, picturesque markets and artisans (breakfast)
Day 3 Tuesday Wine and vinegar tasting, lunch in a social farm and Capaci tour (breakfast, tastings, lunch, aperitivo)
Day 4 Wednesday Discover fascinating Monreale and Cefalù and free afternoon (breakfast, lunch)
Day 5 Thursday Sicilian Cooking class, the suggestive archeological site of Segesta and enchanting Erice (breakfast, cooking class, lunch)
Day 6 Friday Light walking inside the amazing Nature Reserve of Zingaro, Scopello and exploring Erice (breakfast, light lunch and tastings)
Day 7 Saturday Exploring the multicultural Mazara del Vallo, couscous lunch, the Saline and aperitif at sunset (breakfast, lunch, aperitivo)
Day 8 Sunday Goodbye and transfer to Palermo airport (breakfast)
DATES AND PRICES
8 April-5 May 2024: € 2,795.00*
20-27 October 2024: € 2,795.00*
More dates available on request.
*Prices are per person and land only, with accommodation in a twin/double room with ensuite bathroom. Airfare and travel insurance are not included. Single occupancy supplement: + € 200.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE LOCAL
Only 100% authentic experiences
Deep connections with the people who live here
We have a passion for our culture and our communities
We know how to let you feel that at home
We keep our groups small to take care of all the details
Discover our guest reviews on Tripadvisor
SUSTAINABILITY AND PASSION
We promote the local culture as a sign of responsible travel
We are focused on preserving our way of life
We involve small, family-run and passion-driven businesses
We offer personalised ancestry services that include research into your family tree, sourcing documents such as Italian birth, marriage and death certificates, and where possible arranging meetings with your relatives. Not only will you be tracing family roots in the land of your Italian forefathers, you will be able to experience first hand one of the most incredible regions of central Italy at the same time.
- 4 nights in Palermo at Kalamonjo Suite& Rooms and/or Le Porte del Centro B&B and 3 nights in Erice at Il Carmine in an historical residence (standard rooms for both hotels and rooms upgrade available on request, we may use similar accommodations if needed, we use accommodation adhering to the principles of ethical tourism)
- 7 breakfasts
- 6 full meals (starters, a first or second dish, dessert, water, coffee, house wine and liqueurs) and a light lunch (a special “panino” plus water and house wine on day 6) in selected restaurants, farmhouses, and a bakery based on traditional regional dishes. The other meals are free for you to explore the towns by yourself
- 2 aperitifs (a glass of wine or a cocktail or a beer or a soft drink plus some traditional appetizers)
- 3 guided tastings of wine and vinegar, “pane cunzato” (a sort of stuffed bread), traditional Erice desserts and visits to the producers
- 1 hands-on authentic Sicily cooking class and associated food costs
- Personalized cooking booklet and apron
- Daily trips, excursions and guided tours of Palermo, Capaci, Monreale, Cefalù, Erice, Segesta, Mazara del Vallo
- Entrance tickets to the Cathedral and cloister of Monreale, Corleone Legality Laboratory, Segesta Archaeological Park (including internal shuttle), Nature Reserve of Zingaro
- All transports for daily trips and excursions in an air conditioned minibus or car (just for the day in Corleone, in case there were only 2 or 3 travelers, we will go by public bus together with our tour leader)
- Pick up and drop off in Palermo airport in an air conditioned minibus or car
- English-speaking professional tour director and licensed local guides as per itinerary
- Joint share with the local no-mafia movement
- All taxes except city tax
What's not included
- Airfares. We recommend using www.skyscanner.com to check the flights
- Money spent for personal interests
- Snacks/Drinks between meals, or any meals not listed on the itinerary
- Admission to unspecified museums and monuments
- Personal expenses like phone calls, visa costs, laundry or tips
- Travel insurance (not obligatory, but recommended)
- Drinks not listed in the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, for example)
- The cost of additional excursions or activities
- City tax (at the moment € 6 per person for the nights in Palermo and € 6 per person for the nights in Erice to be paid at hotels)
8 days-7 nights