Pottery, Art and Food Experience in Abruzzo with Italia Sweet Italia
- Learn pottery techniques: take 4 3-hour pottery classes with acclaimed local ceramicists
- Live like a local: sleep in a hilltop village under the Apennine mountains and in a charming ancient Roman town on the Adriatic Sea
- Enjoy small group travel: a maximum of 8 people in your group will insure an intimate, friendly atmosphere and individual attention in your pottery classes
- Enjoy amazing landscapes that extend from the sea to the mountains
- Prepare homemade pasta with locals
- Discover the fascinating trabocchi fishing huts and paint on a trabocco
- Visit Abruzzo’s acclaimed extra virgin olive oil and wine makers
Join us on a 7-day Italian pottery, cultural and culinary vacation in Abruzzo, one of the most stunning and culturally rich regions in Italy.
For anyone eager to experience an immersive adventure in the Italian culture and traditions, where you really get to know the food, region and people, your host and local guide Fabrizio, together with his family & friends, has put together amazing experiences that combine passion, beautiful places and locals to show you the best of the region’s off-the-beaten-track secrets.
This is a fully escorted tour (for small groups up to 8 people) that will give you the insight into to daily life, food & wine, culture and production in Abruzzo.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced ceramist, this tour is your opportunity to enjoy pottery and authentic Italian lifestyle. Follow in the footsteps of Italy’s great ceramicists. We’ve crafted an itinerary for you that perfectly balances unique Italian experiences, relaxation, adventure and learning.
* B= Breakfast | L=Lunch | D=Dinner | T=Tasting | C=Cooking Lesson
DAY 1 Sunday Rome Airport pick up, transfer to Castelli, Abruzzo’s maiolica capital, check in and welcome to Abruzzo dinner (D)
DAY 2 Monday Visit the oldest pottery studio of the town, first pottery class, International Ceramics collection, Sistine Chapel of Majolica and Vasto on the Adriatic Coast (B, L, D)
DAY 3 Tuesday Explore Vasto, lunch on the beach and pottery class in an “Art farm” (B, L, D)
DAY 4 Wednesday Discover the fascinating Trabocchi coast, painting class, seafood lunch on a trabocco fishing hut and free afternoon (B, L)
DAY 5 Thursday A visit to the market, make homemade pasta with Mamma, and pottery class in an “Art farm” (B, C, L, D)
DAY 6 Friday Olive oil and wine tasting, pottery class in an “Art farm”, party & farewell dinner (B, T, L, D)
DAY 7 Saturday Goodbye and transfer to Rome airport (B)
This is an example of our Pottery, Art and Food Experience in Abruzzo Tour in Italy. Changes and modifications can be made according to the size of the group, the season, and preferred experiences that are created daily.
Price Italian Pottery, Art and Food Experience in Abruzzo Tour in Abruzzo:
24-30 July 2022: € 1,795.00* (around US$ 2,190.00)
*Prices are per person and land only, with accommodation in a twin/double room with ensuite bathroom. Airfare and travel insurance are not included. Single occupancy supplement: + € 120.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE LOCAL
Only 100% authentic experiences
Deep connections with the people who live here
We have a passion for our culture and our communities
We know how to let you feel that at home
We keep our groups small to take care of all the details
Discover our guest reviews on Tripadvisor
SUSTAINABILITY AND PASSION
We promote the local culture as a sign of responsible travel
We are focused on preserving our way of life
We involve small, family-run and passion-driven businesses
We offer personalised ancestry services that include research into your family tree, sourcing documents such as Italian birth, marriage and death certificates, and where possible arranging meetings with your relatives. Not only will you be tracing family roots in the land of your Italian forefathers, you will be able to experience first hand one of the most incredible regions of central Italy at the same time.
- 1 night in Castelli at Agriturismo Il Bivacco del Parco (or similar accommodation) and 5 nights in Vasto at Hotel dei 7 (or similar accommodation) in the historic center
- Breakfast Buffet Daily
- 4 pottery classes (around 3 hours each) and pottery materials
- 1 painting class (watercolour, around 3 hours) and painting materials on a trabocco fishing house
- 10 meals (food, water, house wine) in selected restaurants, farmhouses or wineries based on traditional regional dishes. Some evenings are free for you to explore the town by yourself
- 1 hands-on cooking class and associated food costs
- Personalized cooking booklet and apron
- Daily trips and excursions
- Pick up and drop off at Rome Fiumicino airport in an air-conditioned minibus or car
- All transport for daily trips and excursions in an air-conditioned minibus or car
- All entry fees for excursions, tours and wine, olive oil and cheese tastings
- English-speaking tour manager throughout the duration
- All taxes
What Not Included
- Eventual shipping costs for your pottery pieces (have a look here to have an idea of the possible costs: i.e.: to USA, shipping by 10-25 days, up to 5 kg, € 45, as you can see in this chart)
- Spending money
- Snacks/Drinks between meals, or any meals not listed on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like phone calls, visa costs, laundry or tips
- Travel insurance (not obligatory, but recommended)
- Drinks not listed in the itinerary (an extra bottle of wine, for example)
- The cost of additional excursions or activities
7 days-6 nights