Do you have an ancestor from Italy who came to the US many years ago, such as your parent, grandparent, great-grandparent, or even great-great grandparent? You may be qualified to become an Italian Citizen (which includes EU Citizenship).
If you are starting this journey to Italian Dual Citizenship, you are faced with a big decision to make: Who should I hire to assist me throughout the entire process and successfully take me to the “Finish Line”?
This is a great question; if you are extremely busy or recognize that this process is complex, you can use a service company that specializes in Italian citizenship, but you should look for a Company that has a “physical” and “legal” presence in both the United States AND Italy.
Here is why:
- As we all know each family situation is unique; for this reason, hiring a Company with both Italian and US lawyers who know the Italian Citizenship Law and have years of experience in guiding applicants through this complicated process is key when determining if you qualify or not.
- The document portfolio you will be required to present to the Italian Consulate is a combination of Italian and US vital records. You need to make sure the Company you hire has in-house lawyers licensed to practice here in the US so they can legally order US Vital Records in most US States AND file Court Orders to procure and/or amend US Vital Records.
- Hiring a company that also has in-house Italian based lawyers can speed things up when requesting the qualifying Italian vital records from the town hall, i.e. comune where your Ancestors were originally from in Italy.
- The majority of applicants for Italian Citizenship will “apply” here in the US at the Italian Consulate that has jurisdiction over the State where they reside; however, many of you are planning to move to Italy, either to retire, work, or go to school there. If that is the case, you will want to hire a company that can assist with your Fast Track Application in the “right” way, no matter where you are going to establish your residence in Italy. Beware of all the SCAMS who try and sell you Italian citizenship in a short period of time while vacationing in Italy.
- If you are the applicant whose only option is to sue the Italian government in the Civil Courts in Rome because you have to either overcome the 1948 Rule (a requirement that only affects descendants of female ancestors) or overcome the “involuntary” US citizenship derived by “marriage” of the Italy-born female ancestor, you will need to hire a Company who can put together your complete document portfolio AND represent you in court in Italy at the same time.
My Italian Family® TOGETHER with our affiliate Law Firm in Italy, Mazzeschi, can do all of this for you. During our years of collaboration, we have successfully assisted many applicants like you fulfill their dream of becoming an Italian Dual Citizen. Discover who we are by learning about our international Team of Experts who have the right qualifications and experience to take you through this very complex journey. Call us at 1-888-472-0171 or visit www.myitalianfamily.com for more information.