12200 Roads from Rome to Pescara

I'm flying into Rome and driving over to Pescara in the middle of May.
Are there any issues with the roads on this route? I'll be staying in Pescara and in Caramanico are there any issues I should be aware of for my journey to these areas?

I'll also be doing a fair bit of sight seeing and was wondering if it is free to travel around the region or are there many road closures and diversions etc.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Category
Abruzzo

[quote=sublimemick;117512]I'm flying into Rome and driving over to Pescara in the middle of May.
Are there any issues with the roads on this route? I'll be staying in Pescara and in Caramanico are there any issues I should be aware of for my journey to these areas?

I'll also be doing a fair bit of sight seeing and was wondering if it is free to travel around the region or are there many road closures and diversions etc.

Thanks in advance.

Michael[/quote]

My parents are over there at the moment. As far as they have said the motorways are open from Rome to Pescara. The roads north of Celano to Popoli are generally open but there are a number of diversions around places like Goriano Sicoli and Castel Di ieri etc. I assume it's worse going north towards L'aquila as those areas are just on the edge of the worst affected areas..

Generally I think it's fair to say most things are open in the general area but and life is just about as normal as it can be around Pescara and by the coast and towards Rome.

Hope that helps

Andy

Hi, you will find no problems on the road between Rome and Pescara, most of Abruzzo is un affected including many parts of L'Aquila region, the problems are around the city of L'aquila. I am sure you will enjoy your stay and even more so enjoy this fantastic region.

I drove from Rome after the problems - well while they were having them - went Rome via A24 then before LAquila took the A25 via Avezzano hope this helps
Pam

Please be assured you will have no problems between Rome and Pescara, obviously at the time they closed the roads to check bridges etc but now everything is open just stay away from the obvious spots around l'aquila.

Please do not be put off in anyway.

We drove that the autostada Rome to Pescara over Easter and last week with no problems. Also we travelled the roads around Sulmona, Manopello, Chieti, Pescara, Loreto Aprutino, Penne and Atri with no diversions or problems.

Any ideas on the Motorway from Rome through to Teramo ?

I wasn't on that part over Easter but you could try the attached autostrade link:-

[url=http://www.autostrade.it/autostrade/traffico.do?mappa=centro_4&mapLevel=macro]Traffico in tempo reale - Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A.[/url]

It looks like it's clear.

there are no closures along that road... for instance every evening a group of volunteers departs teramo to go and help prepare meals in one of the new village camps in the province of L'Aquila... what is a thought for a lot of people is the 11 km tunnel... at the moment many of the L'Aquila survivors find it hard to put themselves in a tunnel that long...although no damage occurred during the quake and the aftershocks... i have a certain sympathy for those that wish to avoid that stretch...although i have more concerns...suffering from vertigo to a degree of the descent towards san gabriele...i hate the tall bridges...

so apart from personal choices...there are no delays or problems...

in fact i was in Bellante the other day and the only problem you should hit is the teramo-mare has lane closures heading east... one of the bridges had damage in the heavy rain... but you most probably know the old road anyway through san nicolo ... and i think there are signs anyway... not sure if the Bellante stazione turning is open or not