12383 In search of a good builder, project manager in Lunigiana

Thank you all for the answers and suggestions to my last post regarding prices for rebuilding a "rustico".
The conclusion seems to be, that you need a "Project Manager" or a "Director of Work" that you can really trust.
Does anyone out there have any recommendations for ones that they have used? and how much they charged for their services?

Category
Building/Renovation

Where are you in Lunigiana? PM me as I may well be able to help:yes:.

Moonland- project manager and director of works in the true sense of the word in Italian are not the same thing.

I sent you a PM earlier; have you read it??

:smile:

where is Lunigiana, in which region?

[quote=gunther;120280]where is Lunigiana, in which region?[/quote]

Lunigiana is in northern Tuscany.

Also PMd you.

Whoever you use, let us know how it goes, eh?

This is a fascinating insight into something or other. :laughs:

[quote=Moonland;120160]Thank you all for the answers and suggestions to my last post regarding prices for rebuilding a "rustico".
The conclusion seems to be, that you need a "Project Manager" or a "Director of Work" that you can really trust.
Does anyone out there have any recommendations for ones that they have used? and how much they charged for their services?[/quote]

When you are undergoing a full scale renovation project, it is a legal requirement to have a Director of Works. This role is usually fulfilled by a duly registered Architect, Geometra or Engnineer.

Do bear in mind though that sometimes conflict of interest may arise when a Director of Works and or project designer (in some cases they can be the same person) participates in the contractor’s or other supplier’s business. These situations should be guarded against. The Director of Works is, among other things as required by law, entrusted by the client to ensure the project runs smoothly.

It is also wiser to appoint someone who is from the local area, but do some due diligence and make sure that the person is legally qualified to carry out the work.

Read my thread about renovation contracts and the Decreto Ingiuntivo for some of the risks involved..