3469 TEFL - Teach English as a Foreign Language

Hello and good morning

All things being equal, when I eventually land at Lake Garda next January for a minimum of 6 months, I am looking at the option of teaching English (or French) to Italian students/businesses/private language schools etc.

I have heard of a study course called TEFL. Does anyone have any experience of the course?

Has anyone taught English overseas?

Rapide561

Category
Cercasi Lavoro - Employment Questions

OOOOPPS

Sorry - I have found all the info in another thread!

Rapide561

I had teaching experience but no TEFL and found finding a job no problem, in fact in the last three weeks I've been offered more work than I can do!!!

Kirstin,

Interesting you have had to turn work away. Who was the work from, private indivduals, schools/colleges?

Also were they near to where you live or did you have to travel a distance?

Thanks

The work I've turned down has been in schools. I have 2 children and a husband that works away from home alot (so no reliable babysitter), therefore can only work when my children are in school. School work is ideal for me. I have had 2 local offers of work for me in other schools which I just am not able to put into my schedule.

However, I do have 10 years of experience of working with children in the Uk and have many qualifications stating this. Prior to this I started a little toddler group for pre schoolers which gave me some language experience. The main reason I have found the work though is contacts, I know the area I moved to very well and have established friendships, some going back 20 years. This has served me well.

Sorry Kirstin, me again!

When you say schools, do you mean what we in the UK would know as primary or secondary schools?

I did read in a book about living and working in Italy that TEFL work on average can earn you about 30 euros an hour. Everything I've gleened from this forum indicates a lot, lot lower than this??

Thanks a lot for you advice.

Chico

Well, I'm here in Aosta building up the contacts referred to by an earlier poster, but as yet no teaching work.

€30 is achievable if you find direct work with businesses and also state institutions, but the run-of-the-mill English language school will pay little more than a third of that, depending on area. It all depends on how desperate you are for the work, but getting the better paid stuff could take some time.

When I say schools I mean nursery and elemtary school. The average is 20 (clean). 30 is possible but unlikely.

Had another thought, working for a language schools the average pay is about 12euro an hour and that will be spread out thoughtout the day.

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

I also wanna learn french, Is there anyone who teach me. Actually, I wanna write a article in french at best resume writing services, I read a article on same topic at https://edureviewer.com/best-resume-writing-services/. After that I got interest in to write in french, if someone can tech me french please do, that will be very helpful for me really, thanks.

Oh hi, having an opportunity to ask teacher/tutor I wanna know your opinion about starting of the language learning. Is it better to take individual classes with a tutor or learn it on the course with a group of students? Or I also like the option to learn while watching a film, listening to music or books, reading trying to write. I have found the project, where there are a lot of texts, which are easy enough to read, but also can teach, for example in this story I have found a few words I didn`t know before. By the way, Catcher in the Rye is one of my favorite books, that is why I read the essay first. So, students who just start to learn may read it and learn vocabulary from a lot of areas, isn`t it?