12211 Italian Language Lessons

[FONT=Century Gothic]We are teaching ourselves Italian by following an on line course. It’s not ideal but better than nothing! We would prefer to learn Italian by actually attending a language course but we don’t live in the UK. It would mean learning Italian through another foreign language! Okay for me but not so good for Mr Monique [IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/frech/a012.gif[/IMG] [/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]I would be very grateful if one of you clever multilingual members could please correct this email for me. I have tried my best [IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/konfus/c066.gif[/IMG] [/FONT]

[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Spett. Ditta[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Century Gothic]In riferimento a [COLOR=black]la nostra telefonata di oggi, desidero confermare che la prossima si terrà conto del gas nei contratti di credito a causa di pagamenti duplicato 29/01/09 n. Assegno 592 18,54 e 06/02/09 Addebiti preautor. senza Contabile 18,54[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Century Gothic]In attesa di una sua risposta la ringrazio per l'attenzione.[/FONT][/I]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=black][I]Distinti s[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][I][FONT=Century Gothic]aluti[/FONT][/I] [/FONT][/COLOR]

Category
Che significa? - Italian Language Queries

[quote=Monique;117602]
[I][FONT=Century Gothic]Spett. Ditta[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Century Gothic]In riferimento a [COLOR=black]la nostra telefonata di oggi, desidero confermare che la prossima si terrà conto del gas nei contratti di credito a causa di pagamenti duplicato 29/01/09 n. Assegno 592 18,54 e 06/02/09 Addebiti preautor. senza Contabile 18,54[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Century Gothic]In attesa di una sua risposta la ringrazio per l'attenzione.[/FONT][/I]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=black][I]Distinti s[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=black][FONT=Calibri][I][FONT=Century Gothic]aluti[/FONT][/I] [/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

That should be pretty comprehensible - [FONT=Century Gothic][I]che [B]sulla prossima bolletta [/B]si terra conto [B]del pagamento effettuato il 06/02/2009[/B]...[/I][FONT=Times New Roman]would be better, but I think they will get the gist.[/FONT][/FONT]

As a fellow Italian language student (novice)....this is how I translated it (without use of a dictionary I hasten to add : )

Are you trying to say that you have paid your gas bill twice so you are looking for a credit on your next bill?

[quote=Jinty;117628]As a fellow Italian language student (novice)....this is how I translated it (without use of a dictionary I hasten to add : )

Are you trying to say that you have paid your gas bill twice so you are looking for a credit on your next bill?[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic]:yes: in one! Well done for not using a dictionary :bigergrin: At this rate I don't think I will ever be without one :reallyembarrassed:[/FONT]

Hooray !

Let's hope the email I sent to the bank today requesting a new Bancomat Card is also understood - I have a feeling they may just close the account :bigergrin:

My Italian is just a wee bit better than when than when i asked my cleaning lady to "wash" the house instead of "clean" it!

But, as the Italians I know say to me piano, piano...(that one needed the dictionary)

[quote=Jinty;117634]Hooray !

But, as the Italians I know say to me piano, piano...(that one needed the dictionary)[/quote]

They were probably the first words I learnt!

Mine were...

Mi piace il sole,il mare and particularly mi piace il vino.

[quote=Jinty;117634]Hooray !

Let's hope the email I sent to the bank today requesting a new Bancomat Card is also understood - I have a feeling they may just close the account :bigergrin:

My Italian is just a wee bit better than when than when i asked my cleaning lady to "wash" the house instead of "clean" it!

But, as the Italians I know say to me piano, piano...(that one needed the dictionary)[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Gosh you and me both! I thought ''piano'' meant [I]level, flat[/I] and couldn't understand the context when I heard it used. Then I realised it also meant [I]softly, quietly[/I] :reallyembarrassed:[/FONT]