12216 What the f...?

Russ's Market Stall
Thread deleted by tuscanhills
Reason: Play nicely....

I opened a thread today called "Russ's Market Stall - and Tusk deleted it - as far as I know no one else had posted in the thread after me and yet Tusk left the comment of "play nicely" as the reason for deletion.

As the thread contained only my original post (I think the following is an exact replica) which said;-

[quote]"Here ya go Russ - a new thread for you - as requested.

Set up your stall nicely - or no one will buy anything!" :bigergrin:[/quote]

I believe a clear explanation for this type of action by Moderators should be provided if and when requested, therefore, I'd like to know why it was deleted and the comment of "play nicely" was left please.

Category
Circolo di Conversazione

Yes, sorry but I was caught up at work & didn't have time to get my PM off......gimme 5 :)

Thanks for the PM's Tusk - a much appreciated enlightening exchange.

And just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water - along comes something completely different. :wideeyed:

I'd very much like to be transparent - however, I can only wonder how I should approach and deal with a certain situation without posting my query on the forum, but also knowing I will never receive a reply from Admin should I send a PM.

So what should I do for the best?

It's not really what anyone would call a win/win situation is it? :no:

Anyone got any suggestions?

Distraught
Harrogate. :bigergrin:

Hello JC. I was going to use that "And just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water -"
As for your predicament, admin are hopefully busy racking their brains to deal honourably with Aretina's new thread. :bigergrin:

Ah well, we will see which one (if any) Admin respond to - but I'm not climbing on Aretina's thread - 'cus everyone already knows what I think, but I always get the blame when things turn sour - which they usually do when people are ignored - not a nice feeling is it? :no:

[quote=DavidUno;117697]Hello JC. I was going to use that "And just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water -[U]" in reference to all who are posting with gay abandon after a dormant period of a couple of weeks![/U] I was told that it would be counter productive or some other nonsense!:no:

As for your predicament, admin are hopefully busy racking their brains to deal honourably with Aretina's new thread. :bigergrin:[/quote]

David I SO understand what you are saying here....

All of a sudden it's become 'de rigeur' (required by the current fashion) to post on the Abruzzo Fund Raising threads, even to the extent of tossing around 'Grazies' to threads which are clearly not understood or on others where there has been no involvement at all during that same 'couple of weeks' that you refer to....

I was pilloried by some both here, and on another site, for [I]daring[/I] to voice my disappointment at such behaviour then - but it is now so unfair for these people to try and jump on the bandwagon and be 'percieved' to have been part of all the work that has gone on among a few stalwarts here. Stalwarts who - for all their heartfelt distress and concern for those in Abruzzo - are now being disregarded and brushed aside by those who should be valuing their efforts and rejoicing with them at the results they have produced (and plan to continue doing) under the Italy Mag umbrella.

I really wanted to post something in this vein on Aretina's thread - but it deserves to be free of such questions - just as I feel the Fund Raising threads should remain free.

Well, that doesn't mean you should post it on this thread either Carole. :bigergrin:

I am fretting about something just as important. :yes:

I asked what I should do about my dilemma. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions please?

I really don't know what the f you are on about DavidUno and Carole.

It has been Easter for heaven's sake - people have been away from their computers - this notion that there is something obligatory about contributing to the 'justgiving' fund, and doing it publicly, and that 'going into hiding' could be a deliberate move to avoid giving anything is just (IMO) rather nasty and bullying.

Lots of people have contributed, many have done other things (like the Marche crew with their food etc. collections), the famous beds: surely we should simply be delighted by these gestures, and stop carping on about some misguided perception of meanies jumping on a bandwagon.

Ah Charles, perhaps you have a sensible solution or suggestion regarding my dilemma? I'd certainly appreciate any input.

Firstly, Sorry for being off thread JC...whatever it is.
Secondly Mr Charles Phillips,

My comment was not so much about jumping on the bandwagon, I maybe was not very clear. It was more about many who (got a deja vu thing here) suddenly stopped their fairly regular postings and have now only just restarted contributing. I do not neccesarily mean donations. After all there are umpteen funds out there. There have been anonymous donations on this forum's fund. I also know that some of the silent have not been away from their keyboards.
The life of a forum is dependant on words, discussion, points of view. Even those who disagree. All views are valid. But to just ignore a situation as large as this earthquake?
The food collection mentioned by the Marche group was actually not very well supported. In Amandola, the only people who donated (apart from the collectors themselves) were a couple who do not use the forum but are friends of a forum member. They saved our blushes. The Comunanza collection was much better, boosted by the store owner. We are carrying on though.
Maybe Mr Phillips I am taking it all a little personally, well you see, there are these quakes, there is my bed bouncing around, there is my dog sleeping in the doorway. There is one of my friends 'phoning me because she is frightened, I am in the bar when a big one hits and the Bar maid has the screaming abdabs. I am lucky. I am probably 50 km from the closest epicentre so far. I can see Gran Sasso and the Monti Delle Laghi from the end of my road. It is also fellow English in the Bars saying "what's the point of giving anything, it won't get there""nothing will happen, it never does". You know Mr P, it gets to you after a while.
So please do not take my comments as nasty or bullying. If they are then I apologise. It was not my intention.:no:

Can we get back on topic now? Does anyone have any suggestions?

[quote=DavidUno;117758]What the f...?[/quote]

You know what David - that's the most sensible suggestion I've had - and my sentiments exaclty - so I'm gonna go with it - especially as Sally Donaldson has grazied you for it.

I should have known the answer was right in front of my eyes right from the start. The title of this thread is "What the f...?" and that's how I'm going to handle my problem - by saying to myself "What the f...!" and just dealing with it in the only way I know how.

So thanks for clearing my mind - much appreciated Sir. :yes:

Bah!!! You don’t get off that easy JC!

I want to know what the dilemma is so I can give you some advice to ignore!

[quote=juliancoll;117738]Well, that doesn't mean you should post it on this thread either Carole. :bigergrin:

I am fretting about something just as important. :yes:

I asked what I should do about my dilemma. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions please?[/quote]

Well I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong thread/off topic :rollingeyes: Juliancoll.

I [I]thought[/I] that was what your original - now removed - thread was about... But now it seems that isn't the case - so what IS this important thing that you're fretting about - as I clearly misunderstood?

Does anybody know - or are we all supposed to guess? :veryconfused:

Don't you roll your eyes at me CaroleB - 'cus if you had the dilemma I have - you'd be up on your soapbox in a flash! :bigergrin:

Of course, you dont know what my dilemma is and that is the real dilemma innit?

The dilemma is I've got a problem. I've got a big problem - it fact, it is so big that it could be classed as two problems.

The first problem is a rather disagreeable little rat in a bucket and involves all kinds of legalities, but the second problem is a very silly scorpion who thinks it is in line to receive a pat on the back if it can put me out of action. The scorpion is dreaming of course, but I bet it is wondering how the hell I know about its scheming little plot. Simple really - it's the scorpions nature - this is what a scorpion is designed to do, so I must not blame it for being a scorpion. The only thing the scorpion hasn't quite realised is that there is a frog who wont allow it to cross the river this time.

Another part of my dilemma is that both the scorpion and the rat in a bucket think they can fool all of the people all of the time, but my biggest problem is that under forum rules I am not allowed to post about my dilemma and should send a PM to Admin - who as we all know, aint exactly on speaking terms with me - even though I know they read what I have to say - but this case needs acknowledgement and swift action.

However, this problem has been eating away at me like a cancer for many days, so I must remedy the situation and do something about it myself.

I can not do it here - because I will be banned for not following the rules - but that doesn't mean I can not deal with it elsewhere. I can do whatever I think best elsewhere and whoever is interested can come take a look.

Some may be enlightened and some may not give a toss one way or another - and there will always be some who just don't get it and continue to gripe and support the wrong people who pretend to wear their heart on the sleeve in order to manipulate and gain whatever it is they seek at the expense of others.
So, I'll go set up my stall and put everything out on display - then people can come and just have a browse - and when they are ready, they can decide if they are happy to buy it or not - because one way or the other - the good honest people of this forum may not need to know how sickened I am, but they sure as hell need to know the truth.

That is the only way people can make an informed, balanced and honest judgement.. Innit? :yes:

Well I must admit to being fascinated by all this and I’m looking forward to perusing the wares on your stall.

I might finally have a clue as what this is all about once it is all uncovered. :bigergrin:

Agony Auntie Persephone is on stand-by. She has a new box of plasters and plenty of hot water.:bigergrin:

Just as long as you dont jump into it Aunty P!:smile:
A