12399 Why

Why have my threads been deleted? what rules have I broken?

Category
Circolo di Conversazione

Nielo,

as I have explained in a PM to you, we expect threads to be pertinent to the section that they are started in and relevant to Italy. Everything else goes in the Circolo di Conversazione, where things are taken a bit less seriously.

[quote=Marc;120281]Nielo,

as I have explained in a PM to you, [B]we expect threads to be pertinent to the section that they are started in and relevant to Italy.[/B] Everything else goes in the Circolo di Conversazione, where things are taken a bit less seriously.[/quote]

They were. :smile:

Neilo,

If you want to start a witty repartee or to post fatuous threads that have no [B]relevance to Italy, [/B]the place to do it is the Circolo di Conversazione. People will enjoy your stuff there and I am MUCH less likely to delete it, as long as your [B]attacks are not personal[/B].

Cheers,

Marc

Here is everyting I posted

“[I]My daughter is getting married in August in southern Le Marche, she will be wearing a beautiful satin gown in deep cream (second marriage) I have the choice of plum or crimson, which would you recommend?

P.S. I have a dark complexion”

“Does anyone know a route from Rome to Ancona which avoids all tunnels?”

Is it normal for guests to take all the toilet paper and cleaning products with them at the end of a weeks rental?”

“Do I need to get permission from the commune to change the colour of the tiles in my swimming pool?

At the moment they are blue but I have been told that this stops the water absorbing ambient heat and white tiles are better.”

“The bridesmaids will all be in lemon with turquoise accessories.”

“But wont that expense be offset by the saving in pool heating?

I hear the savings can be quite considerable.”

Excellent suggestion, do you have a walking route you can recommend?”

I thought that white was neutral and would not clash with my coordinated swim wear?

Perhaps I could compromise and only replace half the tiles, has anyone got a breakdown of cost comparisons for different coloured pool tiles?”

“I only ever supply quality Egyptian cotton towels from Marks and Spencer. I wonder if I pamper my guests too well?”

“I keep trying to contact them but they are either busy or do not respond to my requests.

They have arbitrarily cut off a friend of mine, and not even followed their own published procedure in the process!

Is there an Italian equivalent to OFFCOM?”[/I]

Please point out why any of the posts are not [B]relevant to Italy[/B] and also where is there a [B]personal attack[/B]?

Come on Marc, Please tell me why any of the threads were irrelevant to Italy or to the forum section?

You may think they are fatuous but that is your opinion and is no reason to delete threads.

In your Pm you
mention attacks, this seems a popular reason for your moderating actions but there is not ONE attack of any kind in any one of my posts.

I believe you are being unfair and I request that the threads are reinstated forthwith.

If not please tell me the real reason you deleted my and only my threads.

Hi Marc,

Given your reasoning - why did you delete the threads instead of moving them to The Circolo?

I have read the forum rules twice, and I can not see any reason why Nielo's threads were deleted.

Surely moderators are not allowed to remove threads without giving a clear and public reason.

Neilo,

I know that brides, their mothers and occasionally their fathers sometimes experience anxiety before a wedding, but August is a long time away and worrying this much is sure to affect your mental health. Try to concentrate on the important things in life, like creating a warm and relaxed atmosphere for the people around you and leave the bride and her Mum to fuss about the choice between Crimson and Plum.

Leading your daughter up the aisle will be an experience that will leave you never wanting to lead anyone else up any aisles ever again.

Still doesn't explain why you deleted the threads instead of moving them

House rules

We do not permit comments that we deem abusive, baiting, defamatory, insulting, harassing, inflammatory, hateful, obscene, inappropriately rude or personal, retaliatory, threatening, invasive of privacy or violative of any UK law.

Please clarify which rules were broken Marc.

My posts within these threads were deleted too, what was wrong with them?

[quote=Marc;120295]Neilo,

I know that brides, their mothers and occasionally their fathers sometimes experience anxiety before a wedding, but August is a long time away and worrying this much is sure to affect your mental health. Try to concentrate on the important things in life, like creating a warm and relaxed atmosphere for the people around you and leave the bride and her Mum to fuss about the choice between Crimson and Plum.

Leading your daughter up the aisle will be an experience that will leave you never wanting to lead anyone else up any aisles ever again.[/quote]

All very obscure Marc and no answer to my question.

Bride;s mothers do not routinely lead anyone up the aisle.

Now without any further comments about mental health, which I might construe as an attack, please answer the question.

[quote=Lollita;120299]House rules

We do not permit comments that we deem abusive, baiting, defamatory, insulting, harassing, inflammatory, hateful, obscene, inappropriately rude or personal, retaliatory, threatening, invasive of privacy or violative of any UK law.

Please clarify which rules were broken Marc.

My posts within these threads were deleted too, what was wrong with them?[/quote]

Your comments were charming Lollita. Unfortunately they were deleted along with Nielo's posts because starting the thread in the wrong forum is a wrong as, well, as eating oranges in bed.

I posted about my daughters wedding in ITALY in the WEDDING section.

I posted about a route from Rome to Ancona on the TRAVELsection.

I posted about getting permission to change my pool tiles in the BUILDINGS AND RENOVATION section.

I asked about gusts removing items from RENTAL PROPERTY in the PROPERTY RENTAL section

I asked about problems with ITALIA TELECOM in the UTILITIES section

And I asked about FURNITURE stripping in the FURNITURE section.

WHERE EXACTLY DID I GO WRONG??

[quote=Nielo;120284]Neilo,

If you want to start a witty repartee or to post fatuous threads that have no [B]relevance to Italy, [/B]the place to do it is the Circolo di Conversazione. People will enjoy your stuff there and I am MUCH less likely to delete it, as long as your [B]attacks are not personal[/B].

Cheers,

Marc

Here is everyting I posted

“[I]My daughter is getting married in August in southern Le Marche, she will be wearing a beautiful satin gown in deep cream (second marriage) I have the choice of plum or crimson, which would you recommend?[/I]

[I]P.S. I have a dark complexion”[/I]

[I]“Does anyone know a route from Rome to Ancona which avoids all tunnels?”[/I]

[I]“[/I]
[I]Is it normal for guests to take all the toilet paper and cleaning products with them at the end of a weeks rental?”[/I]

[I]“Do I need to get permission from the commune to change the colour of the tiles in my swimming pool?[/I]

[I]At the moment they are blue but I have been told that this stops the water absorbing ambient heat and white tiles are better.”[/I]

[I]“The bridesmaids will all be in lemon with turquoise accessories.”[/I]

[I]“But wont that expense be offset by the saving in pool heating?[/I]

[I]I hear the savings can be quite considerable.”[/I]

[I]“[/I]
[I]Excellent suggestion, do you have a walking route you can recommend?”[/I]

[I]“[/I]

[I]I thought that white was neutral and would not clash with my coordinated swim wear?[/I]

[I]Perhaps I could compromise and only replace half the tiles, has anyone got a breakdown of cost comparisons for different coloured pool tiles?”[/I]

[I]“I only ever supply quality Egyptian cotton towels from Marks and Spencer. I wonder if I pamper my guests too well?”[/I]

[I]“I keep trying to contact them but they are either busy or do not respond to my requests. [/I]

[I]They have arbitrarily cut off a friend of mine, and not even followed their own published procedure in the process![/I]

[I]Is there an Italian equivalent to OFFCOM?”[/I]

Please point out why any of the posts are not [B]relevant to Italy[/B] and also where is there a [B]personal attack[/B]?[/quote]

Leading your daughter up the aisle will be an experience that will leave you never wanting to lead anyone else up any aisles ever again.[/quote]

Marc .

Given what Nielo has posted above, I regret to say that I find your reply to be deeply patronising and flippant in the extreme. Indeed under other circumstances I believe that such a patronising reply might be considered by you as [I]'attacking another member'[/I] (no chance of you banning yourself for a day or two then?), if I thought it might do any good I would report your post for just such reasons.

Further I have to agree with Nielo that you have not answered her question regarding which of the forum rules she is deemed to have broken, and thus far you have failed to justify your actions. Unless there is something here that I am missing I would ask you to reinstate Nielo's posts immediately.

[quote=Marc;120302]Your comments were charming Lollita. Unfortunately they were deleted along with Nielo's posts [B]because starting the thread in the wrong forum[/B] is a wrong as, well, as eating oranges in bed.[/quote]
IF, as you say, all that was wrong with them was that they were in the wrong forum, why weren't they simply [B]MOVED [/B]to the right forum?

But we all know they were in the right forum already, so there must be another reason....

I don't know Marc's reason- possibly he thought this was happening:
[quote=Nielo;120024]So troops what do we do next, as it has become clear that the enemy is unmoved by our strike?

My suggestions are an escalation of hostilities.

1. We can hand out erroneous advice, like you now need a DNA sample along with health insurance to get residency.
2. We can back track and edit the odd post here or there.
3. we can start hundreds of new threads asking what a codice fiscale is or what is the best colour tile for a pool facing south west and surrounded by a pink marble gin terrace?
[/quote]

Didn't know that you doubled as an agony aunt Marc, I remember once or twice reading similar trash in the less salubrious tabloids on Sunday morning, ,.... what on earth has your post quoted above got to do with Italy anyway, I think you should delete it to create a level playing field with similar rules for all members.... and retain posts such as these for the publication by "Mystic Marc"

[quote=Noma;120311]I don't know Marc's reason- possibly he thought this was happening:[/quote]

Noma.

What Marc '[I]thought'[/I] was happening has no bearing on the issue. He is not mandated to moderate on what he thinks someone may or, may not be doing or, may or, may not be thinking. He may only moderate within the published forum rules and therefore may only react to what someone HAS done and then only if that person is in clear breach of the afore mention rules..

[quote=Noma;120311]I don't know Marc's reason- possibly he thought this was happening:[/quote]

If indeed Marc saw that joke as a reason to delete my threads, well why did he say it was for being irrelevant to Italy, in the wrong section, and attacking.

The reasons do not stack up, lets have the real reason Marc, be honest.

True, no way of knowing if this was a factor:
[quote]Originally Posted by Nielo
So troops what do we do next, as it has become clear that the enemy is unmoved by our strike?

1. We can hand out erroneous advice, like you now need a DNA sample along with health insurance to get residency.
3. we can start hundreds of new threads asking what a codice fiscale is or what is the best colour tile for a pool facing south west and surrounded by a pink marble gin terrace? [/quote]

I have reported your last post Noma, you are clearly trying to cause conflict, I believe this is called flaming and it is against forum rules.

Please click on FAQ on the top tool bar for clarification.

Interesting philosophy you have there Marc, with such game full advice being offered by you to neilo concerning HIS Family and HIS daughters wedding, I am wondering is there any point in actually having a forum with opinions to boot! After all if ones family and weddings are not to be classified as "important things in life" What are?

It begs the question,"are you comfortable with Italy" I ask this for the same reason as your concern about Neilo "health wise" Because your advice on said subject certainly leaves a lot to be desired...

[quote=Lollita;120323]I have reported your last post Noma, you are clearly trying to cause conflict, I believe this is called flaming and it is against forum rules.

Please click on FAQ on the top tool bar for clarification.[/quote]
Pardon my error.

Noma, I have found the fill quote that you so carefully edited, here it is

[quote=Nielo;120024]So troops what do we do next, as it has become clear that the enemy is unmoved by our strike?

3. we can start hundreds of new threads asking what a codice fiscale is or what is the best colour tile for a pool facing south west and surrounded by a pink marble gin terrace?

I wont reveal my most devious and devastating plan – just in case one of the enemy wakes up long enough to read this, I shall send it via carrier hamster - once the poor brave little thing has had a bit of rest and a sprout or two to fortify himself.[/quote]

Now do you think Marc thinks we have a carrier hamster, who needs fortifying with sprouts? Or will you accept that this was a joke?

I've already been chastened above that what Marc thinks has no bearing on the issue.

[quote=Noma;120326]Pardon my error.[/quote]

Surely your only error is to be a wolf in sheeps clothing isn't it Noma? You're not that good at saying what you really want to say and then trying to pretend you didn't mean it by asking for an insincere pardon. :nah:

People notice and it's an error you keep repeating.

[quote=Mediated Anarchist;120337]Surely your only error is to be a wolf in sheeps clothing isn't it Noma? You're not that good at saying what you really want to say and then trying to pretend you didn't mean it by asking for an insincere pardon. :nah:

People notice and it's an error you keep repeating.[/quote]
No, in this case my error was presuming that Marc might have perceived the threads in question as an escalation of hostilities via starting hundreds of new threads. It's been pointed out to me that it was a just a joke, and so my presumption was clearly erroneous.

Why do these things always need to be pointed out to you Noma?

Hunting down someones post from the Circolo and then EDITING it to suit your need to post it in another thread to cause harm really is not the done thing dear chap. I know you are not the only one that does this on a regular basis, as your friend Campfield also seems to have the same habit.

Perhaps you can both get together and find a way to curb this petty little trait you both seem to be developing? :yes:

No problem. Henceforth when posting a quote about an escalation of hostilities via starting hundreds of new threads, I'll be certain to include the bit about hamsters and sprouts as well.

Perhaps it may be a good idea to apply the rule that "everything in the Circolo remains in the Circolo". Also it may be an idea to discuss problems or sensitive issues within that circle which is open to members only. I think that many recent posts in different subforums may give the wrong impression to people who are not members. Finally, the only ones posting opinions on these matters are also members, so why do we need to inform the general public?

But Noma including the bit about hamsters and sprouts will not solve the problem you are vainly attempting to highlight as one thread is not relevant to any other and taking a post out of context is also not the done thing. If I remember correctly (and I'm sure I do) then your friend Campfield has clearly understood how important this is, so maybe if you discuss this with him, he will put you right.

Any further attempt from you to play one off against the other hoping to prove an invalid point (especially where you selectively manipulate the "weapon") will only make it look as if you are the one causing the escalation of problems.

You wouldn't be trying to do that would you? :nah:

Interesting- members will no longer be allowed to quote an entire post- they must quote its context as well. Do you mean members must quote the entire thread or only two or three posts prior to the one actually quoted?

I'm not sure how to do that- are multi-page posts even possible?

Behave Noma - you are presenting yourself to look just like Campfield often looks in his posts. :laughs:

A possible workaround to the multiple-page post limitation would be to post a link to the thread directly before or after the quoted post. This would enable readers to view the context of the quoted post.

Are you just thinking out loud Noma or do you have an uncontrollable need to have the last word? Be my guest.

What would be the point of the circulo Noma, if you are planning to link, copy, paste, merge and quote to the open forum in order that every man and his dog can read comments out of context.

[quote=Lollita;120399]What would be the point of the circulo Noma, if you are planning to link, copy, paste, merge and quote to the open forum in order that every man and his dog can read comments out of context.[/quote]

No point Lollita! I had one of my recent posts from the Circolo cut and posted in 'open forum' as far away as [U][I]another[/I][/U] site! When I was asked by that poster why I complained about the cut an paste I told him 'Because it's non of your business'!

That poster too, returned later to delete selected posts to make me look bad and get himself off the hook. So there are plenty of people who resort to such underhanded tricks but it seems all is fair in love and war...

Thanks Lolitta- that's the first I've heard that posts from the circolo may not be quoted elsewhere. Now that I know it is forbidden, I'll refrain from doing so.

Ooo! I think I saw that post CaroleB. I thought is was an underhand way to score points, but wasn't it a friend of Campfield and Noma that posted it? I'm sure it was.

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Italy Magazine Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Italy Magazine Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are [SIZE="4"]obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.[/SIZE]The owners of Italy Magazine Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

[I]Just stumbled into the forum this am to confront not only continuing anger and resentment over recent events but new resentment which always surfaces when a certain forum member turns up! As sure as the sun rises, trouble follows!

This is a very sad read, and on refreshing my memory on Forum registration rules (see above) I can not see why certain moderator actions were taken[/I].

[quote=Mediated Anarchist;120397]Are you just thinking out loud Noma or do you have an uncontrollable need to have the last word? Be my guest.[/quote]
Just thinking out loud.
Let's give it a try- here's the context of your post I quoted:
[URL="http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/italy-magazine-forums-announcements-queries/12399-why.html"]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/italy-magazine-forums-announcements-queries/12399-why.html[/URL]

[quote=Noma;120404]Thanks Lolitta- that's the first I've heard that posts from the circolo may not be quoted elsewhere. Now that I know it is forbidden, I'll refrain from doing so.[/quote]

I have no idea whether it is forbidden or not, it just aint cricket. :winki:

[quote=Mediated Anarchist;120408]Well done - have a banana.[/quote]

Soooo... Noma aaaaand JC are monkeys???:laughs:

No Mox, JC is the Organ Grinder. :laughs:

[quote=Aretina;120406][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Italy Magazine Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Italy Magazine Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are [SIZE="4"]obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.[/SIZE]The owners of Italy Magazine Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

[I]Just stumbled into the forum this am to confront not only continuing anger and resentment over recent events but new resentment which always surfaces when a certain forum member turns up! As sure as the sun rises, trouble follows!

This is a very sad read, and on refreshing my memory on Forum registration rules (see above) I can not see why certain moderator actions were taken[/I].[/quote]

If I may. below I am quoting Ronni, and his introduction to the said set of rules...Might i draw ones attention to " We have simple,common sense and liberal set of rules"

I am wondering what has happened to them.
This episode of late reminds me of that old gentleman a few years ago being arrested by the police at the labour party conference, under the"prevention of terrorist act!"
Can you think of worst examples of abuse of power.

Here is Ronni's introduction to house rules.......

"We have a simple, common sense and liberal set of rules which we expect every poster to follow. In posting a message you are agreeing to the rules laid out here. If you do not agree to the rules, best not to post. The forums are provided as a free service, please don't ruin them for everyone else"

I'm a bit concerned- what is the context of Aretina's post?

[quote=Noma;120416]I'm a bit concerned- what is the context of Aretina's post?[/quote]

Now you ARE being a monkey:winki:

For Context.
Noma, with respect I suggest you re-read the forum rules and the full thread and if you have time the myriad of threads which include contributions from a forum member called Sally Donaldson/previously known as Turtle.

Just trying to follow the rule that all quoted posts must be quoted with their context. Here is the thread giovani's quote of Aretina came from:
[url]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/italy-magazine-forums-announcements-queries/12399-why.html[/url]

Aretina, you are not allowed to name and shame on this forum. It will result in your bottom being smacked with a copy of the Womans Weekly. You must post in such a way that you cloud the issue completely and everyone is left wondering who it is you are actually referring to.

You have been here long enough to know that when Marc reads your post he will delete it and accuse you of "attacking another member".

However, he may be some time as he is currently trying to dig himself out of a very deep hole with only the aid of a teaspoon. :bigergrin: