12408 Locked Thread and Decision!

OK - the decision is final - the thread is locked thus avoiding 'direct comment' on yet [I]another[/I] suspect moderating decision by Marc.

And I'll save everyone the bother of reporting me - I ADMIT IT - this IS a personal assault. Not on another member but on a Moderator.

I've seen some bad decisions in my time, and I'm absolutely certain that I've made quite a few myself - but these recent decisions beggar belief Marc.

So what if the individual in question [I]didn't[/I] flag up the complaint - the whole basis of the complaint was flawed. But you have chosen to ignore that. No discussion, no 'valid' reason for refusing the requests made to reinstate Juliancoll OR several posts including hers.

If this is your, and Italy Magazines, idea of an equitable, impartial, detached and trustworthy decision then there seems little point in ever bothering to try and put forward a reasoned argument on any matter whatsoever.

I maintain that your decisions on recent questions have been fundamentaly flawed and I don't think I want to be part of a system where the moderation team can be constantly called into question over what should always be an honourable approach to problems.

Now please feel free to ban me - you'll be doing me a favour!

Category
Circolo di Conversazione

I note that you have been back on line since at least 4.21pm Marco and are in fact stll here with us.

So I can only conclude various things from this inactivity of yours - but do correct me if I'm wrong (though I promise not to hold my breath...) :

[LIST=1]
[*]You have not yet noticed my attack on you in this thread.
[*]You have not received any Alerts regarding this Personal Attack.
[*]You have decided NOT to confront me but leave it to someone else to do when they return.
[*]Or - my worst scenario - I am among your chosen few and can do as I like.... No that can't be right - you've ticked me off before AND deleted/moved/edited my threads, but you've never banned me or warned me - not once!
[/LIST]
In any event it just adds weight to the points I have been trying to make - that your moderation is inequitable and does in fact clearly demonstrate an unprincipled and unfair approach to the role of a moderator with regard to certain individuals.

In light of all this I can only say - I rest my case!

Carole I am sure all this agro can't be good for your health. JC aka MA can surely fight his own battles! He is not exactly a person who is 'behind the door'.

The whole site is getting really boring with all the infighting - people get too uptight. It should be a pleasure to come on a forum - a little bit of banter is fine but lately some people are reallyshot down in flames if what they say doesn't suit certain people. eg Noma - JC/MA - Noma is entitled to his views just like JC is but JC thinks he is above the rest - he bullies and personally I don't like bullies.

This is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their views and if they don't suit then that is the way it goes but they shouldn't be attacked for having a different view.

It's time some people left school and tried acting like decent adults before its too late.

We came to Italy to get away from having to list to goings on like this as we ran pubs in the UK for 25 years so as part of our job, we had to listen to hour and hours of crap. At least we can switch this off when we feel like it and get on with what is important to us - our real everyday lives, our real friends (many who we have met through IMF), our animals (again bought to us via IMF) and our real work, which we are enjoying tremendously.

We love Italy and everthing associated with it and have used the forum many times when we have needed advice and also when we have been able to help others. Why can't everyone just start again, forget the past, and just get on with what is important - providing knowledge, advising where you can, sharing experiences and being friends? Surely this is what IMF is all about - it was to us and hopefully may be once again sometime soon?

[B][U][I]An amended to post to reflect that I suffered for a moment with 'Foot in Mouth Syndrome'[/I][/U][/B] [B]Please note - it is not my habit to delete OR edit posts except for maybe 'typo's'. The original of this amended post remains above.[/B]
[B]And to thank MARC - Moderator for his Private Message[/B].

[FONT=&quot][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Carole/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Today, 11:10 AM [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][URL="http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/members/carole-b.html"]Carole B[/URL] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This message has been deleted by [URL="http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/members/tuscanhills.html"]tuscanhills[/URL]. Reason: [I]Stick to the thread & play nicely; happy to delete posts all day or just lock you accounts[/I] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][[/FONT]

OK – I give up!

We have now arrived at the ultimate scenario in silliness. No I’m not going to say ‘bias’ – that just falls on deaf ears.

I have been trying for almost four weeks to get some kind of answer from ‘over there’ on two questions
1. That sub-forum.
2. Inequitable treatment of members.

I finally reached a point of desperation yesterday and to try and get some answers I actually wrote a personal attack on a Moderator. This morning I repeated that attack and poured a bit more fuel on the already burning pyre – but ONLY (I can assure you) out of utter desperation.

Then I go off to lunch and return only to find that there [U][B]wasn't after all[/B][/U] an answer from the Moderator but…. But both my 2nd post AND the answer from the other person, Marco who is [U]NOT[/U] the Moderator in question, have now been deleted by a new Moderator on the scene :eeeek: ….and the reason given for deletion?
“[I][FONT=&quot]Stick to the thread & play nicely; happy to delete posts all day or just lock you accounts…” [/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/I]
[B]Excuse me? What?
[/B]
Regarding MY deletion, the thread title is [B]“[/B][B][FONT=Arial]Locked Thread and Decision!” [/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial]. [/FONT][/B][FONT=Arial]The thread author is ME and the post you deleted was totally pertinent to my original question… and, just so I know - Which of my accounts ([I][U]plural[/U][/I]) are you going to lock?. I’ve only got ONE. I’ve only ever HAD one. It’s not a pseudonym, or an anagram – Carole IS my first name and B is the initial of my surname…. I consider that I have played nicely until now in what you call ‘this latest ruck’ and fat lot of good that has done – I’ve achieved nothing![/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial]I fear/suspect that this post will be deleted too – but if it is, let me just say “I will NOT be a ‘Happy Wabbit’. Far from it… I promise you I will fight in every way I can to ensure that [U]ALL[/U] (and I [I]mean[/I] ALL) members are treated in an unbiased and equitable manner – and that now includes me - if I'm not banned for life now![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]

Carole; you made your point in the first post; repeating it will now get you any further & I guess that even if Marc does respond, you'll still not be happy.

Move on, eh?

Does tuscanhills deleting so many posts go towards his post count?:laughs::laughs:

And do i need to start a topic solely on tuscanhills post count,because maybe this is off topic?:laughs:

And it too might get deleted

[IMG]http://http://www.pogocheats.net/forum/Smileys/sofrayt/white%20flag.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.pogocheats.net/forum/Smileys/sofrayt/white%20flag.gif[/IMG]

Well I reckon if not a record - it's got to be close...

14 deletions out of 22 posts has got to be worth a really good finale that EVERYONE can enjoy.

So with a fond (?) farewell from the thread (though maybe not the argument), I leave you to enjoy a wonderful piece of music with some very poignant lyrics. It takes at least a minute for the lyrics to appear.

ENJOY!

We're heading for Venus??? Carole what do you know?

Are you certain it's Venus we are heading for because the planet I'm thinking of ends in "us" but it isn't Venus.

Are you sure you are on the right Spaceship David? :bigergrin:

[IMG]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/members/sarahandmark-albums-funnies-picture754-friends.jpg[/IMG]

'Can't we just all be friends'

[quote=sarahandmark;120781][IMG]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/members/sarahandmark-albums-funnies-picture754-friends.jpg[/IMG]

'Can't we just all be friends'[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed][B]'I' [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkRed]have never sought anything [U][I]other[/I][/U] than that!

All that remains is the future - and hope...[/COLOR]