12409 Forum admin and mods – have your say here

What do you think about he way this forum is moderated and administered?

Do you think that the responsivenes and decisions made are an aid to forum harmony or do you think that the present situation leads to more fights, frustration and rancour amongst members?

Do you feel that you and others are fairly administered or do you feel that the rules are applied unevenly?

Do you think certain members ‘get away’ with things when others do not.

Do you think that decisions are made based on emotional responses to the members in question?

Of do you think that the rules are applied in a totally open, fair and objective manner?

If you think the system can be improved, what steps would you take to improve it?

If you think the forum could be improved, what steps would you take to improve it?

Now I know that there are a lot of questions here, but I do hope that people will reflect on them and give honest answers.

I have already written the names of those members who will use this thread as an excise to have a little dig at me, it is written in a sealed envelope and I stand to win a tenner if I am right. Money will be donated to the Abruzzo Earthquake appeal but not via the forum.

:smile:

Category
Circolo di Conversazione

Not many racing to respond, Nielo, But I’ll throw in my two-bobs worth.

I have been a Forum member for some months now and have thoroughly enjoyed it…informative, amusing and generally ‘convivial’. However, I very quickly spotted that one member appeared to cause mayhem from time to time with well aimed comments and posts( and rather sadly got the response that they wanted - if I can see it after a few months why can't the Mods). It also appeared to me that when this member was criticised or their behaviour pointed out to the ‘admin’ or ‘mods’ that the silence was deafening. What the reasons could be for such an obvious ‘support’ for the member in question( emotional or otherwise) I can’t figure, perhaps because I have not been here long enough. Perhaps I will learn with time:yes: Not wishing to localise this reply too much I should add that others of late have not had responses to their legitimate enquiries either..yourself, Oneto15 among others.

To respond more appropriately to your questions, though, ‘yes’ I think that the system is unevenly administered (see above), ‘yes’ I think that certain members get away with causing mayhem(see above), ‘no’ I don’t think that the rules are open and transparent and one only has to look at what Marc has done over the last couple of days and the lack of full and frank explanations to see this. Everyone would love everyone else to be totally honest in posting their views and responses but if we play by 'unwritten' rules this cannot be done as there is no visible 'line in the sand'.

As to improving it…that’s where I come unstuck:eerr: It may require some serious application by Ronald to decide the way forward or indeed to select a cross-section of the more active individual members who may wish to be considered as Forum Moderators and try and encompass all aspects of the membership in Forum decisions(as it stands I don’t know if Marc’s latest decisions were made by himself alone or in consultation with others). All I do know is that I am still giving a lot of thought to the question of the way forward as I, along with others, become increasingly concerned about the stability of the Forum at this time.

Hope this help, or is at least the sort of response you were looking for

R

[quote=Roskoboy;120445]Not many racing to respond, Nielo, But I’ll throw in my two-bobs worth.

either..yourself, Oneto15 among others.

As to improving it…that’s where I come unstuck:eerr: It may require some serious application by Ronald to decide the way forward or indeed to select a cross-section of the more active individual members who may wish to be considered as Forum Moderators and try and encompass all aspects of the membership in Forum decisions(as it stands I don’t know if Marc’s latest decisions were made by himself alone or in consultation with others). All I do know is that I am still giving a lot of thought to the question of the way forward as I, along with others, become increasingly concerned about the stability of the Forum at this time.R[/quote]

I really want to stay out of the fray but felt I needed to say something after viewing what has happened on another Forum I occasionally visit. Certain members were seen as attacking others, members have left in disgust and apparently the situation has escalated to a degree that the owner of the site has thrown in the towel and has declared that the site is up for sale.

I, along with numerous others, enjoy this Forum quite a bit, have made several actual friendships through it and have obtained valuable information, while at the same time trying to help others when I can.

Perhaps if the moderators or administrators could be more responsive to private e-mails from members claiming to be victimized, most of the antagonism could be kept out of the Forums as those members would feel that they had been heard and that a fair and equitable response would be given. Maybe the moderators need to act more as a cohesive unit when deciding whether or not to ban a member, instead of just one person making the decision.

I don't know what the answer is, but I would be very disappointed if the owners of It. Mag. decide that the hassles are just not worth it and they decide to close down the site.

I use this site and forum, have made friends and antagonists on it, got useful information from it, like to think that I input some from time to time, but usually get frustrated when I see abherrant decisions, inexplicable moderation, bias towards some members and moderation victimisation of others. I cannot for the life of me explain the unevenness of the treatment, one terminal offender always is believed and treated favourably, and the recipients of her snide asides, trouble making and nastiness always get punished when it becomes too hard for them to bear silently any longer.
Usually it ends with me getting totally p...ed off with the awful standards and exiling myself from the forum for months at a time....last time for 6mths.
First day back this time, I got a nasty pm from this individual, in which also went on to claim I was stalking her.... God knows what c..p members who are here everyday have to put up with.
I have seen emails from this person to another member of this forum, and they boggle the mind.... though how marc says he only has hearsay to go on, I don't know.
It is like a court case where the victim of the crime gets jailed and the offender is compensated.
I am on the verge of another long self imposed exile again, so maybe if I get a permanent ban, it will relieve me of the temptation ever to return here.... because the subject matter and standard and content of some recent threads, the bigotry and calibre of some of the people who posted in them, and the intermittent, haphazard and appallingly differences in standards between admin/moderators tempts me to say the hell with it all.... and tempt me to vote with my feet, this time permanently.
Gardahomes has been quick and efficient in pm to my complaints, tuscan hills kept me informed of his sensible decision on one thread, but marc's recent behaviour ? wow.
Why the hell do we have to spend a month begging for something we were promised, that would enable us to do more unpaid work, and raise more money for other people ??.... then see marc singlehandedly rupture the forum with lousy moderation.
So if you feel I am over the line, take my decision for me and as Clint Eastwood says... "make my day"

Be happy Nielo - you have won two parts of your ten quid already. I can only break it down to fractions as I don't know how many people are on your list.

Oops - is this post "off topic" or is it relevant (even though not Italy related) as you have mentioned in your original post that you have a little side bet going?

Oh, it's just sooooooooo confusing here these days. :bigergrin:

A couple more names needed for the full ten quid, but I am learning to be patient.

The relevance is that my winnings will be donated to the Abruzzo Earthquake victims – here in Abruzzo ITALY

To do things that have been suggested, you need a resource. I can't see the magazine paying someone a salary at the moment to monitor everything. Publishing businesses always suffer in a recession because advertisers don't want to spend. The magazine is far more likely to just shut the forum down.

The members of this forum have recently raised more than £9000 for the people of Abruzzo. The magazine will get most of the credit, shut us down, I doubt it.

My views run much along the same lines as those of Roskoboy so won't do a repeat.

Somebody mentioned somewhere (blessed if I can remember which thread) that [B]Charles Phillips would make a jolly fine moderator[/B] and I would like to take this opportunity to second that motion please. :yes:

Am torn between wanting to be in the envelope (so the tenner gets donated) and being mortified in advance should I actually be in it!:eeeek:

Hoping the forum gets happy again soon:smile:

Mox da beanless Pox

[quote=Nielo;120437]What do you think about he way this forum is moderated and administered?[/quote]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I think it's mainly just a victim of it's own success. I wasn't around at it's inception, but I imagine it started with a small but dedicated group of interesting & knowledgeable contributors; through the content they generated & the clout of the magazine, it reached a critical mass where the content attracted new contributors & search engines alike. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]By the time I joined up, it had beome a venue where regulars 'hung out' and played amongst themselves for sport - while still providing an excellent service to newbies, wannabe's and the like too. Due to the hard-earned google ranking, the admin realised that they had a commercially useful resource; when the interesting & opinionated contributors fell out (as they do, that's just human nature) then the mod's role neccesarily shifted to protecting the asset. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I remember the days when TuscanHills & Marc (for example) were very active posters of opinion & info, whose mod roles were mostly transparent - but those days are gone. A series of unfortunate incidents (almost all of which were precipitated by the same or similar circumstances, which were never really nipped in the bud) required the mod's to become the 'school prefects' responsible for pulling apart their unruly peers; the admin became draconian - such that the more able members resorted to getting their point across not by plain speaking but via jibes, allegory and innuendo. The minute that became the accepted way of dealing with problems, the forum has been in a slow, but inexorable, tailspin.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]So, here we are. There is still the bones of a valuable info resource here, but every day that passes the brain drain increases (IMO) and while there has been a recent & refreshing influx of new blood whose lighter & less predjudiced style I've enjoyed following, it was inevitable that the same pattern would repeat - people join, then join in; then align, then get sucked into politics & conflict.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]It's quite clear to me that the people who generally make the forum worth checking into regularly for info & amusement are those most liable to breach (or at least be deemed to breach) forum rules, and those least willing/able to accept any form of moderation/control without rebelling. Human nature again.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Personally, I like a bit of rebellion & confrontation - but only where the participants are able to say it like it is, frankly and with light touch moderation that allows them to call a spade a spade, get the monkey off their back - with the body of forum users in general defining - by their reaction - the line beyond which opinions/arguments become unacceptable, and mod's attempting to follow, rather than draw, that line.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]That simply isn't possible here, the rules are there primarily to avoid any visible personality clashes (regardless of rights/wrongs), they are never going to permit members to air/resolve personal issues in the indexed areas of the forum; in fact they do the opposite, by forcing such issues to be conducted by innuendo, then by veiled hints etc. until it becomes tribal and (of course) eventually spills over into the public forum out of pent up frustration.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]As I say, I actually love a good conflict, as spectator or participant. Those who say they don't are either liars or saints (but I know which predominate here). Unfortunately, the reality is that you don't get "good" conflict here, you get increasingly obscure, arcane and generally pointless veiled threats and double-speak digs masquarading as such, due to the sanitised nature of the rules & their enforcement. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I got quite bored of it. Not the fighting per se, just the lack of closure thereafter. Of course, the forum has it's 'bete noire' who can ignite argument at the drop of a hat. She certainly brings that upon herself to a huge extent, be it by accident or design. If the admin bowed to the clamour & banned her, I predict there would be sweetness & light for about 10 minutes, and then some other focus for conflict would emerge - the personalities who spend so much time & effort keeping the place alive bore too easily & are in many cases habituated in their behaviour now.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The ongoing ructions here resemble more & more "two bald men fighting over a comb" - you're all fairly powerless to influence matters while you continue to actively attempt so to do. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]If you really want to change the dynamic here, the only way it will happen is if all the aggrieved parties take a very extended break from posting anything at all. Then, the true value of the forum will be seen by the 'popularity' of the routine Q&A threads which are the bread & butter of this forum (but will never be the jam). [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]However, the crux of this post is that that won't happen - the personalities concerned either lack the discipline to do that (as they think it would be seen as a consession or outright admission of defeat) - or are simply addicted to active participation as a break form their daily grind, even if the experience leaves them totally frustrated. I should know - I've tried my level best to stop posting on several occasions now, but the temptation still lurks there in the background. All it takes is a lull in work or one too many late night shandies and the high horse gets mounted, yet again :-([/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]If you feel that other members are bringing the forum down by their input, and you feel that the moderation has failed to address that, why not take a nice long break & let the stalwarts who never need moderation take the strain for a while?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thank you Pigro, both for the very astute assessment of the problems and where this forum is headed.

Also for the excellent advice. :smile:

Agree with Neilo, Pigro has yet again given us his informed overview, I have said it before,come back Pigro post more often, I always have to go back and read your posts twice there is so much "meat" to them. But before I get too fluffy, we have not always agreed, but have always agreed that to disagree with each other is OK.
A

I agree with everything Pigro has clearly explained and, as he says, there is no easy solution.
My experience with Admin is limited, only once I asked for a sub-Forum on furniture to be started. It took a bit of time, as it was expected, but it was done.
More recently I had to contact a Moderator regarding the deletion of one of my posts. I explained why I was not attacking anyone, he accepted my point of view and the post was reinstated.
Self-moderation, as I always say, is the best tool we have. There should be no need for all these problems if people would take some time to think before pressing the post button.
I do agree, also, that there will be no easy solution as I think that both sides are entrenched in their positions and it looks as if they are constantly waiting for an opportunity that will enflame the conflict. Personally, I try to get along with everybody, but I am afraid I may become a casualty in the crossfire.
As Pigro says, perhaps some of us should take a break or a long leave of absence. That was already in my mind, perhaps it is time to put it into practice.

No dont do that Gala :eeeek:, though actually I did return in a better frame of mind after my break, hope it continues.
A

[quote].............I got quite bored of it. Not the fighting per se, just the lack of closure thereafter. Of course, the forum has it's 'bete noire' who can ignite argument at the drop of a hat. She certainly brings that upon herself to a huge extent, be it by accident or design. If the admin bowed to the clamour & banned her, I predict there would be sweetness & light for about 10 minutes, and then some other focus for conflict would emerge - the personalities who spend so much time & effort keeping the place alive bore too easily & are in many cases habituated in their behaviour now.................[/quote]

Hi Pigro, Thanks for your mature and balanced post, it contains a lot of sense, and I actually agree with nearly everything that you say, with one main exception.
This one member (lets for simplicity call her turtle because that name is no longer a valid member name, so I cannot be accused of attacking anyone present)
This turtle, seems to get far more slack than anyone else from the admin/moderation, yet seems to be in at the start of every row.
It was obvious to the dog on the street that JC meant her post was stupid for legal reasons, yet when the post was reported, marc jumped in without pausing to THINK !!... If I was a mod I would have removed the supermarket name from her (turtles) post and left the thread as was...banning JC for it was plain dumb, as was not re-instating her at once when others took the time to explain his folly.
Thats what has caused this latest row, [I]that - along with deleting all Nielos posts (yes Nielo might have been tongue in cheek but I have seen dumber and more useless threads started in the past on this and other forums.[/I] and then develop further with answers and responses.
A little bit of maturity from marc would not have inflamed an already volatile situation further. Yes it was sunday, yes he is entitles to time out, yes he was"dangling his toes" [B]but he was also still posting during the day, so he is being disingenuous as well[/B].
Sorry I have digressed, to get back on line... Pigro as I said, I agree with nearly all your post [B]except[/B]... I dont want ANYONE banned.....[B] no way[/B].
One it is self defeating, the admin banns turtle. Turtle gets an amazing re-incarnation and we suddenly get "tortoise" "terrapin" "dragon" or some other new alter ego pratting around on the forum,... besides which she sometimes says something reasonably sensible which some other member could find useful.
No, I think a far more logical approach which could cause less problems would just be to disable her weapon of choice, [B]disable her pm facility[/B] PERMANENTLY.
It has been done temporarily before, was effective.
To harass other members by email outside the forum, then someone must have given her their email by choice, if with hindsight it shows to have been a regrettable action to divulge it, then just "block sender" Pull her teeth and she cant bite.
Any troublemaking then would have to be in the open forum for everyone to see and judge, without the "he says, she says" syndrome.
If there was a small child running amok with catapult, I wouldnt hide behind a bush bemoaning it and punishing others who react by getting hit, I would take the catapult off the little tyke and punish him/her.
In upshot,
dont ban "turtle"..... take the flipping catapult off her... permanently. It was effective before until the admin gave it back to her. Other forum rows about differences of opinion are just that, and they blow up and blow down, as you say yourself, they invigorate the forum and keep the blood flowing.
I and most people, even JC I imagine, dont want anyone banned ( if you remember last year my posts on that issue, and I also got temporarily suspended for my pains), but all the malevolent blow-ups that result in rancour and malice start from the same place, and it is getting too much. The admin knows it, the mods know it so why dont they remove the access to the weapon.

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]"Take responsibility."[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]For me being part of a forum means interacting with other members. [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[LEFT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]I want to be part of a forum that welcomes and encourages members to express their honest views and opinions in an environment free of fear of censorship or disapproval. Freedom of expression is necessary to create a healthy balance and debate on a forum. However, exercising this right comes with duties and responsibilities and all posts should comply with the house rules and as such all posts should be well considered in my opinion. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]I accept that members’ individual posts are subjective and always open to personal interpretation. Cultural differences, members whose first language is not English and age can also be contributing factors, although it seems everyone here is from either the UK or America. I would prefer to see a proactive approach by mods and staff instead of reactive. However, I accept that monitoring members’ posts and learning when to intervene appropriately takes time and practice. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]It is inevitable that clicks and groups are formed and it is difficult for new members to join in. There is no question that the personal relationships we develop on the forum make a big difference in how certain posts are viewed by members. However, in my opinion being a forum member is about thoughtful and respectful behaviour.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[LEFT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]This is your forum. It is every one’s responsibility to do whatever is called for to make it a happy and welcoming place. It is not something that just happens; it is something that we all make happen. The staff as participating members are not solely responsible. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][I]Off my soapbox!:laughs:[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][I]Hey ho hey ho, it’s off to work I go[/I][/SIZE][/FONT] [IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/haushalt/g080.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/CENTER]

Thankyou Pigro Torch and Monique for your posts. Calm, rational analysis is most welcome. Unfortunately, I reckon that even if Torch's suggestion worked, it would only result in some[I]thing[/I] or some[I]one[/I] else becoming a target. But on the up side, we've been here before several times and so long as ItMag doesn't close us down the Forum will continue, with posters arriving, leaving, and coming back again. The amount of resurrections/reincarnations on here would be the envy of most religions!

[quote=annec;120584]Thankyou Pigro Torch and Monique for your posts. Calm, rational analysis is most welcome. Unfortunately, I reckon that even if Torch's suggestion worked, it would only result in some[I]thing[/I] or some[I]one[/I] else becoming a target. But on the up side, we've been here before several times and so long as ItMag doesn't close us down the Forum will continue, with posters arriving, leaving, and coming back again. The amount of resurrections/reincarnations on here would be the envy of most religions![/quote]

Hi Annec,
Oh I know disabling pms of a habitual troublemaking member wont stop rows and provocations, but at least the instigator will then have to operate in the full light of day for all to see the modus operandi, and judge their behaviour accordingly... which would eliminate a lot of the machiavellian intrigues. It could actually be quite refreshing for this member themself to experience the sensation of talking from the centre of their mouths like most people, rather than from the side at the moment.

Re the sub forum for fundraising.
This is my own general observation and not directed to you personally
The subforum was promised over a month ago, anyone with any rudimentary IT skills could have set it up a very, very short time, but they have not done it and have lost the momentum, also aggravating the members who are prepared [B]and yearning[/B] to put their time, energy and money where their mouths are.
This is causing huge frustration. Yes Ronnie is "away" .... but I was frequently "away" for various reasons from my own business, if a decision was reached before I left, it would be implemented, it would not have to wait for my return and lose the benefit.
This was the main difference between the German and French armies in 1940.

Moderation, Yes, marc is also entitled to time out, yes the sun was shining in Umbria, but he still had time to enter the forum, react arbitrarily to a complaint ( I suppose no prizes if we can guess correctly from who( and delete and ban JC, then move on to delete most of Nielos posts ( I,ll teach her attitude) then go and "dangle his feet"
Members wondered why if he had time to do that, why not implement a previously agreed decision and set up the fund raising subforum ? He then dried off his toes and came back to post several times again ( adding addendums to closed threads etc ).... why did he not respond to a myriad of questions and pms whilst there, ( no, no... dont want to do that chaps) thus raising anger levels higher.
Then he quips this morning, by posting about what a lovely weekend he had, instead of posting and admitting he made mistakes by allowing his dislike of JC (and her "allies") to cloud his judgement.
( Same way troops in the Great War paid for the prejudices of the generals,... " Yes yes Old Boy, I know that Smithers is good officer material but we cant promote him, for Gods sake he went to a grammar school,)

Where do we go from this depressing, frustrating place ?
Dont know really because the old adage stays true....
"Nothing changes, same s**t just different day"

I hear what you say Torch (sorry - lawyer-speak for "there's a big BUT coming") and can see some force in your argument. BUT (!!) it has to work both ways. Mods are just as susceptible to unnecessary invective as the rest of us. The elephant in the room here is that one member, now on her fourth reincarnation, has a style which is abrasive to say the least. Although she has contributed great things, she has also caused a good deal of discord and mayhem herself, and has resulted in some posters being too intimidated to post.

From my perspective, I'm not surprised that there was finally an (?over?)reaction and Monique's comments about "thoughtful and respectful behaviour" are very well put and should be heeded by all

Personality clashes are very destructive in a Forum, but it is all part of human nature and members are humans. Perhaps if some members could genuinely try to self-moderate and other well-meaning and neutral members could try to placate those unable to control themselves without adding further fuel to the fire, this could be a much better place to be. There is an urgent need for the Red Cross and the Fire Brigade.

[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Century Gothic]Wow thanks for the thanks :laughs: I’m glad my 'soap box rant' was appreciated [IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/frech/a012.gif[/IMG] [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Century Gothic]Sometimes it’s best to just sit on your hands and take the moral high ground, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Georgia][FONT=Century Gothic]life is too short[/FONT] [/FONT][IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a068.gif[/IMG] [/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Back to [IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/haushalt/d054.gif[/IMG] [/FONT]

Good God, when will this forum ever become sane again. The constant infighting, cliques and stupid comments just go on and on. When I first joined it was giving loads of information and advice to everyone, with a few joking answers thrown into the pot. Now it has degenerated to a battleground, or better a kindergarten area, with posts being thrown up everywhere. No wonder many do not respond, as they will only be ridiculed, by some who have nothing better to do with their time.
Yes, the sub forum for the earthquake appeal would have been welcomed to keep everything in one place.
People now have multiple identities, just so they can continue the aggression that is becomming a hallmark .... pity the forum cannot identify the IP address and block those who want to continue to be split personalities in the cyberworld when they set up a new identity.
Moderator decisions, may sometimes be wrong, but they can only work on what evidence they have and therefore act accordingly to the published rules. They work on a voluntary basis and as such are not defined to be there 24/24. No, I am not defending them, but they have their own lives to live as well as you & I and that should be appreciated by all of us who use this forum, for whatever purpose.
Please, stop the attacks and let us all get on with giving out the knowledge that we have of living in Italy, the information that it deserves to give newcomers and anyone else that needs to know.
OK, now waiting to be put before the firing squad for being truthful.

Put before the firing squad for being truthful? Who on earth would ever dream of doing such a thing Geo? :wideeyed:

Surely no one on this forum would ever want to put anyone before a firing squad for telling the truth.

It's unthinkable - isn't it? :yes:

Monique - what [I]is[/I] that you are doing behind your pc?? You're either mopping your brow or drinking a pint of Guiness. Must get my eyes tested....

You are eagle-eyed Anne, I didnt even notice until you pointed it out, I think Monique is having a nice glass of red wine, which reminds me, cheers Anne, cheers Keith, and cheers to all our Marche friends, honorary members as well, I think we all need one :bigergrin:
A

It was actually quite funny, when I was replying to the post, that I looked up on this site and found the following under abbreviations. Just put some of you favourites in to the search.
[url=http://www.abbreviations.com/]Abbreviations.com[/url]

Get a direct link to this entry Add this entry to your list JC Jedi Council Miscellaneous » Science Fiction Search 'Jedi Council' on Amazon! Search 'Jedi Council' on Google!

[quote=Angie and Robert;120711]You are eagle-eyed Anne, I didnt even notice until you pointed it out, I think Monique is having a nice glass of red wine, which reminds me, cheers Anne, cheers Keith, and cheers to all our Marche friends, honorary members as well, I think we all need one :bigergrin:
A[/quote]
we do for sure Angie, its been a very bad few weeks on the forum.

[quote=Geotherm;120713]It was actually quite funny, when I was replying to the post, that I looked up on this site and found the following under abbreviations. Just put some of you favourites in to the search.
[URL="http://www.abbreviations.com/"]Abbreviations.com[/URL]

Get a direct link to this entry Add this entry to your list JC Jedi Council Miscellaneous » Science Fiction Search 'Jedi Council' on Amazon! Search 'Jedi Council' on Google![/quote]

Love it Geo - thanks... :bigergrin:
Got a problem though .- which should I choose:

1 CB = Celestial Babe [IMG]http://www.basildon.co.za/Images/stars1.jpg[/IMG]

2 CB = Chat Box [IMG]http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/people/mouths/teeth-chattering.gif[/IMG]

I know - let's have a poll?

[quote=Carole B;120728]Love it Geo - thanks... :bigergrin:
Got a problem though .- which should I choose:

1 CB = Celestial Babe [IMG]http://www.basildon.co.za/Images/stars1.jpg[/IMG]

2 CB = Chat Box [IMG]http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/people/mouths/teeth-chattering.gif[/IMG]

I know - let's have a poll?[/quote]
So glad that I could inject a little sweetness and light in these dark times !!!

Yes, it's a great site GeoTherm - some very funny abbreviations in there. :yes:

GT comes up as Gin & Tonic!

Ice and a slice on the terrace dear? :wideeyed:

[quote=juliancoll;120741]Yes, it's a great site GeoTherm - some very funny abbreviations in there. :yes:

GT comes up as Gin & Tonic!

Ice and a slice on the terrace dear? :wideeyed:[/quote]
Had the Ice and a Slice on the terrace a short while ago. Glad that you liked the site, hopefully more humour in the forum.

Geo, i personally do not think being truthful with get you into trouble and i did like that speech you made sounds a little like one i herd in 2007.:laughs:..but if the moderation that some have complained about stays true to form, then surely your later posts are going to be removed for going off topic?:yes: along with a few other posts too.:bigergrin:

Checking out MP (just to be topical, you understand) I also came upon Money Pit which seems sort of appropriate! Media Player comes out ahead of Member of Parliament, so there [U]is[/U] some justice in the Windows environment....:smile:

Suppose I can't be right all the time. ... Will wait to be critisised in the near future.

[quote=annec;120710]Monique - what [I]is[/I] that you are doing behind your pc?? You're either mopping your brow or drinking a pint of Guiness. Must get my eyes tested....[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/haushalt/d058.gif[/IMG] Both -multi tasking is my middle name[IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/haushalt/d050.gif[/IMG] [/FONT]

[quote=Geotherm;120749]Suppose I can't be right all the time. ... Will wait to be critisised in the near future.[/quote]

Tell you what mate - I've got an [U][I]unused[/I][/U] 'self help' book on "How To Deal With Criticism". Unused 'cos no one ever answers me [IMG]http://www.fastnewsforum.net/style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif[/IMG]

Cost me £9.50, but if you're interested, to you just 'five bob'!

[B][URL="http://api.ning.com/files/Istlhc-COgXslDG1TeBWZED-wicxxSzVr44ATWQ*CmfQp1*f-*tNUjcKuesh2BIgh5ot7m7Qe58AORWraE3E7V5Au8fTUvJS/selfhelp600t.jpg"]>CLICK HERE<[/URL]
[/B]

[quote=Carole B;120789]Tell you what mate - I've got an [U][I]unused[/I][/U] 'self help' book on "How To Deal With Criticism".
[B][URL="http://api.ning.com/files/Istlhc-COgXslDG1TeBWZED-wicxxSzVr44ATWQ*CmfQp1*f-*tNUjcKuesh2BIgh5ot7m7Qe58AORWraE3E7V5Au8fTUvJS/selfhelp600t.jpg"]>CLICK HERE<[/URL]
[/B][/quote]

Loved that cartoon!

[quote=alan h;120791]Loved that cartoon![/quote]

[IMG]http://www.bwboard.net/Smileys/smil/kiss.png[/IMG] Hahahaha - Me too!

Using Geos link and his suggestion to put a certain set of initials into the searchbox - I was led to this. Could be better than any self help book. Someone could make a bloody fortune! :bigergrin:

ScottsMoneyBlog(dot)com :: Make Money At Home Online

[quote=annec;120607]I hear what you say Torch (sorry - lawyer-speak for "there's a big BUT coming") and can see some force in your argument. BUT (!!) it has to work both ways. Mods are just as susceptible to unnecessary invective as the rest of us. [B]The elephant in the room here is that one member, now on her fourth reincarnation, has a style which is abrasive to say the least. Although she has contributed great things, she has also caused a good deal of discord and mayhem herself, and has resulted in some posters being too intimidated to post. [/B]
From my perspective, I'm not surprised that there was finally an (?over?)reaction and Monique's comments about "thoughtful and respectful behaviour" are very well put and should be heeded by all[/quote]

Who is the elephant in the room? Surely you are not referring to me because I believe I'm actually on my seventh (or is it my eighth?) reincarnation - and not my fourth.

I'm almost satisfied it cant be me then - can it? :nah:

As you were obviously referring to someone as the elephant in the room would they be allowed to refer to you as a pig to the trough to redress the reference made by you? If the person you are referring to had referred to you in such a way, I can not help but wonder who would have their post removed as "attacking another member"?

Would you not consider an apology to the person you refer to as "the elephant in the room" before she (and you did state the elephant in the room is a female) may decide to fling your corporate mind set stock references around the room with her trunk?

Moving on - I'd like to ask you to explain which posters have been too intimidated to post by "the elephant in the room" - and more importantly, how (as they are obviously too intimidated to post) do you know they are too intimidated to post if they do not post?

Do these intimidated posters perhaps PM you and tell you they are too intimidated to post because there is an "elephant in the room"?

If so, what is your reply? :bigergrin:

On and on and on and on and on and on

[url]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/120806-post72.html[/url]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpSfThUv_pc]YouTube - Why waste a temper tantrum if nobody is around to see it????[/ame]

[quote=CaveMan;120819]On and on and on and on and on and on [/quote]

I agree, you do go on and on and on and on and on and on - just a bit. :bigergrin:

Here is some helpful advice for the people who need it.
[U]
[URL="http://mypc.press-citizen.com/story.php?id_stories=19"][B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="7"]How do I start my own forum?

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE="5"][SIZE="5"]Your guide to becoming a forum moderator[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/URL][/U]

Hope it helps :no:

Why are you shouting - are you getting annoyed? Didn't you write a post in another thread giving out your ground rules - may I suggest you follow them?

No? I didn't think so. It's not another case of "do as I say - not as I do" coming from the ranks of the secondary reserves marching along the fourm carpet, is it? :swoon:

JC - marks for invective: 6/10 - could try harder
But please do it over at your very own italiauncovered. I think the general view here is - "Basta"

[quote=Postmac;120878]Presume you've seen this?

[URL]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/italy-magazine-forums-announcements-queries/12441-news.html[/URL][/quote]

Hi postmac, yes I've seen it, it is kind of inevitable really with all the feuding, particularly as even posters who say they don't like arguements seem to be ready,able, and... pretty damn good at starting them.

There are 5 deleted messages on this page alone:no:.

At the top right hand corner of each posting there is information about the poster including:
Can I suggest that a new item is added:
Posts deleted:

as a sort of 'Abuse-ometer' so we can count the battle scars:yes:.

Why is a certain poster, trying to incite negative responses to his posts?

Whilst asking for peace.

Why has his signature got a link to other forums?

Is he trying to drum up business?

Why does he shout?

Is he a bully?

It most certainly isn't peace he is after is it? :no:

And he a disney character too... morally wrong.

Do not look at what has been deleted - look at what has not.

[quote=juliancoll;120898]Do not look at what has been deleted - look at what has not.[/quote]

Thinking the very same JC, thinking the very same, and they kept deleting your alter egos, but are happy to let all these other schitzos remain