12456 No more questions?

Well I see the new ‘regime’ has begun already and the Reply Button has now been removed from the News thread…. and the Announcements Forum has been locked.

Now why doesn’t that surprise me?

Never mind – I’ll just have to post the following in the ONLY ‘other appropriate thread’. How long, I wonder, will it be allowed to stay here before I’m ‘nuked’ yet again?

[COLOR=Red]The following [U][I]was[/I][/U] written for the now closed 'News' Thread.[/COLOR]

So Ronald - having read through the so called 'small print' - the details regarding House Rules, Community guidelines, Penalties etc. it appears that you have totally eliminated the role of Moderator in your new set up. All 'new' members will be answerable only to the Administrator or the new Co-Administrator, both of whose decisions will be final in all cases. I can find no reference to the right of appeal if a member is admonished, given a term of 'punishment' or awarded a timed penalty. Is this in fact to be the case?

In addition I note that members ‘deemed’ to be acceptable [U]must[/U] adhere (sign to agree) to the following:

"You agree not to ignore, block or refuse communications from Community staff, nor may you opt out of email or other official membership communications."

So - please correct me if I am wrong, does this infer/state that Administration Staff will actually be communicating with the membership in future? And does it also infer (because it does not state clearly) that the communication will at all times be 'one way'?
Members must hear you - you do not have to hear the Members?

I think these matters need considerable clarification in the light of past (and now very current) Administrative behaviour(s) and the seeming lack of explicit, unambiguous guidelines concerning the rights (if they are to be given any) of your new membership in your new set up!

Respectfully yours
Carole B

Category
Circolo di Conversazione

So, with PP in mind, I assume that you're posting this a list of suggestions that could be considered within the new site?

[quote=tuscanhills;121043]So, with PP in mind, I assume that you're posting this a list of suggestions that could be considered within the new site?[/quote]

Thank you for asking David...

No - not really. The new site seems to have it's regulations firmly fixed after some long deliberations between the owners and the staff. The purpose of my post was simply to seek clarification from The Administrator or Co-Administrator on the rights of the 'new membership' within the new Italy Magazine set up.

I missed getting my question posted in the correct thread by just a few minutes, but still felt that the clarifications that I (respectfully) sought, needed to be asked.

Carole B

Hi Carole - discussion is still possible. I think I mentioned you can e-mail me. I will just say here that the rules are relatively standard for any community. We need to say that you need to accept our e-mails because otherwise we cannot notify you. It does not mean that you cannot e-mail us. Yes if we get to the point of having to apply penalties it is better if it is swift - that is what we think is most appropriate - we may well be wrong.

The bottom line is if one is happy to behave positively, not insult other members, debate vigorously but not resort to rudeness, baiting, retaliation, etc then there is little to be worried about.

anyone who thinks we are not up to the task (and probably have very good reason to think so) can simply avoid the whole thing

Tusk - with respect - people have concerns and valid questions and you know better (as a Mod), than to have a little dig towards anyone who may be feeling unsure and wants clarification about this

You role - as it stands now - is to moderate - it is not to make people feel uncomfortable with veiled comments for asking questions. Continue on in your MODERATE Moderation while this forum still exists in its current form. When you get to the new Piazza - you can let forth the monster inside if you wish, but until then show just a little respect towards the members here who have built this community - warts and all.

You have no right to intimidate people who have given far more then you have since you became a Mod - you were a much nicer person before - you posted good stuff, you also had a sense of humour - I know becoming a Mod cramped your style Tusk - I know you enjoyed this forum as much as many of us did and still do - so what went wrong Tusk - why did you allow this Mod status change you so very much?

There is no "smilie" available to show how many people are feeling about all this Tusk - and you know it - so just for now - don't let the power go to your head. Please.

[quote=ronald;121045]Hi Carole - discussion is still possible. I think I mentioned you can e-mail me. I will just say here that the rules are relatively standard for any community. We need to say that you need to accept our e-mails because otherwise we cannot notify you. It does not mean that you cannot e-mail us. Yes if we get to the point of having to apply penalties it is better if it is swift - that is what we think is most appropriate - we may well be wrong.

[B]The bottom line is if one is happy to behave positively, not insult other members, debate vigorously but not resort to rudeness, baiting, retaliation, etc then there is little to be worried about.[/B]

anyone who thinks we are not up to the task (and probably have very good reason to think so) can simply avoid the whole thing[/quote]

I will take you at your word Ron - I accept you terms and condition to behave positively, not insult other members, debate vigorously etc., etc, and so, I will apply for my membership in your new community today. When will I be notified that my application has been accepted?

JC, thankfully Moderators get so well-paid (in both financial terms *and* in love & support from members who value the sterling work we all perform), that it off-sets any deterioration we may suffered to our morals, intellect or our feeling of self-worth.

probably best to let everyone know if they are accepted or not on the day that this old forum closes. I would imagine that this forum would descend into nuclear war if some current members felt that they could not post on the new site.

The automated email that you receive following application states that it usually takes one day - I am still 'pending approval' after 19 hours 43 minutes and 16 seconds :no:

[quote=CaveMan;121063]probably best to let everyone know if they are accepted or not on the day that this old forum closes. I would imagine that this forum would descend into nuclear war if some current members felt that they could not post on the new site.[/quote]

Speak for yourself Caveman! :bigergrin:

[quote=Nielo;121072]Speak for yourself Caveman! :bigergrin:[/quote]

I know you mean that in a positive way Nielo :winki:

[quote=tuscanhills;121060]JC, thankfully Moderators get so well-paid (in both financial terms *and* in love & support from members who value the sterling work we all perform), that it off-sets any deterioration we may suffered to our morals, intellect or our feeling of self-worth.[/quote]

Tusk - even though I know Mods don't get paid, there is no amount of money that could compensate for the love and support the members would give to you if we valued the "sterling work" you and Marc have performed, especially over the last week or so.

Previous to this latest spate of deletions and edits, I hardly think the removal of a few spammers warrants our everlasting devotion - especially as it is members who alert you to the existance of the spam brigade anyway.

However, if you have a need to be adored, cherished and loved by each and every one of us - take a leaf out of Gardahomes book on how to Moderate and watch how she does it. Perhaps then you will understand why Gardahomes is indeed our ONE AND ONLY MOD OF CHOICE.

[quote=CaveMan;121063]probably best to let everyone know if they are accepted or not on the day that this old forum closes. I would imagine that this forum would descend into nuclear war if some current members felt that they could not post on the new site.[/quote]

I don't profess to know who [U][I]you[/I][/U] are but I think that you may know of me. But I really do find the majority of your posts to be intrusive and full of unnecessary veiled innuendo. Aimed at fomenting and provoking people like me who are asking perfectly reasonable questions in the interests of fair play for all.

CaroleB.

Don't waste your time on Caveman - he has been here almost two years and made a total of 36 posts - of which more than 50% are aimed to fomenting and provoking people who are asking perfectly reasonable questions in the interests of fair play for all and those posts have only been made in the past couple of days. Everyone knows what he is up to.

Often, characters such as Caveman, are brought out to play as secondary backups at times like this by others who claim the high ground, but don't want their "known name" to become tainted. These second rate characters will soon be put back in their little boxes an safely stored away - until next time.

[quote=juliancoll;121077]

However, if you have a need to be adored, cherished and loved by each and every one of us - take a leaf out of Gardahomes book on how to Moderate and watch how she does it. Perhaps then you will understand why Gardahomes is indeed our ONE AND ONLY MOD OF CHOICE.[/quote]

I just squealed out loud and woke up my daughter.
:reallyembarrassed::reallyembarrassed::reallyembarrassed::reallyembarrassed:

Hello Carole

I am sorry you see my posts in that way.

No I don't know you and have never met anyone from the forum. I usually work very long hours so have been more a reader than a contributor. I have been taking a break from work for the last ten days or so so I had a chance to log on and post.

Over the last few months I have been getting increasingly disconcerted by the fights that have been dragging on and on and on and on and on. I remember that one Christmas a few years ago after a blow up similar to the current one Ronald mentioned that the option of closing the forums down had been considered by Italy Mag. I really did not want this to happen because there is nowhere on the web that you can get the in depth info about Italy that you can here. Unfortunately personal malice has now destroyed these forums going forward so I guess we are now going into a brave new world.

I don't bear anyone any malice here; I just wish people had the skills not to have let this whole situation occur. Unfortunately the info and social aspect of the forums clearly cannot coexist so we are at The End. It will be a relief to me to be able to log on to ItalyMag forums, check for new posts and not have to wade through multiple venomous posts attacking, ganging up, crying, wailing, bullying and moaning on and on and on.

I am sure that you will agree that the overwhelming majority of visitors come here for positive aspects and not to carry on fights that they would never start in real life.

[quote=gardahomes;121085]I just squealed out loud and woke up my daughter.
:reallyembarrassed::reallyembarrassed::reallyembarrassed::reallyembarrassed:[/quote]

Why would you be embarrassed by reading the truth Garda? I doubt there is a single member who would disagree with me saying you have been nothing other than fair, balanced and MODERATE in everything you have ever done on and for this forum.

Your posts are precise and a pleasure to read - you encourage people to behave with a light handed approach and I'm only sorry you do not have the time to run this forum singlehandedly.

Keep on keeping on Garda - and I'm sorry your squeal woke up bimba. I can only hope the squeal was one of delight to know you have been very much appreciated - by EVERYONE.

And if this post also embarrasses you - tough - but it needed to be said before some of us prime the spaceship and fly away into the unknown.

Caveman, your sole existence is as the dark side of another member who uses you to cause rows and foment aggro on these forums. By using your id to do this the "other" side of you can pretend to be a nice pacific poster, this allows the neutral member to run amok. We know the game you master is playing.
What is odd is that in the past that the mods went to great pains to ban the alter egos of JC and others but tolerate creatures like you to exist.... If you and other lackeys are going into the new site with your masters , then I am not you will be happy to know, so that you can pollute the bathwater all on your own.
Your not the alter ego of a mod or a mods "ally" are you ?

[quote][B][I]"[U]Caveman[/U] (1981) - Film

Description: Former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr plays a prehistoric, social outcast who, along with other misfits, forms his own tribe and finds various comic adventures. This spoof is mostly without dialogue besides the expected neanthropic grunt."[/I][/B][/quote]

There is a youtube vid - but I just couldn't be bothered. :no: