12114 A question about currency

I know this is a very stupid questions for those that know what they are doing but I am having trouble understanding how to convert the currency.

I am trying to work out how much is 2.250,00 EUR into Australia dollars, every time I try it the answer is around $4 ($4.11933)

What am I missing with the decimal places, or what am I doing wrong?

Category
Cost of living - Utility Services

You are correct, it is just your decimal misplaced. The answer is AUS$ 4115 or thereabouts.

Try this converter if you struggle again anytime

[url=http://www.moneycorp.com/tools/currency_converter/convert_new.cfm]Free currency converter. Latest Dollar, Pound and Euro exchange rates from Moneycorp[/url]

Russ

Thanks I had not idea where it went wrong but I knew accommodation was more than $4 aussie.

So basically just move decimals to near the end.

Thanks

Thats for sure. If it is $4,000 a night, that should be one hell of a nice place:yes:

Let me know if you are looking for something a little more reasonable.

Italians use decimal points where we use commas, and commas where we use decimal points. I think it originally was a scam to confuse barbarian invaders. Still is, in a way.:smile:

Pmsl, that is so true, it did confuse me and I thought that must have been it.

The accommodation was for a week but it was at Lipari but my kids would love to know some cheap accommodation anywhere in Italy.

I would advise them to buy the Lonely Planet book for Italy. Plenty of valuable information for anyone.
Moon, the Aussie $ is worth practically 50 cents of a Euro, so if you double the Euro prices you easily have the equivalent in dollars. By the same token, an Aussie $ is worth half a euro.

Thanks for that, I did buy them a copy of loney planet so hopefully they will take it on their journey.

I love the fact that if you go to their website you can download a chapter from the book.