6006 Calling Enel from the UK

Can anyone please help me? We have been disputing an Enel bill but have just heard that they are going to cut us off if we don't pay it. I have tried calling the numbers suplied by Enel (800 900 800 and 199 505055), putting 0039 in front of these numbers but keep getting an error message. Has anyone had any joy in calling Enel form the UK? Thanks in advance..

Category
Cost of living - Utility Services

Their website [url]http://www.enel.it/enelenergia/informazioni/contattaci/[/url] gives

"(da cellulare o dall'estero numero non gratuito 099.7315.201)"

So you could try 0039099.7315.201 It might work

[url=http://www.enel.it/sportello_online/elettricita/]Enel SpA - Enel Distribuzione[/url]

If you go to this link, and find on the bottom left of the page the sub-heading "scrivici" (under the main heading "contttaci") you can send them an e-mail.

The numbers you are trying are not accessible from outside Italy, nor are any of the published Enel fax numbers.

Good luck!

Just noticed: on the link provided there is the word "English" in the top right hand corner, and this opened an e-mail window in Englih for you! Now how helpful is that?

I hope you have got somewhere. The trouble with the enel websites is that they change by the minute, and when I tested the link I had posted it came up with the English e-mail form. If it didn't for you (and it isn't doing it for me, at the moment) I apologise. I notice that the number which Alan trawled up for you seems to relate to getting Enel to sell you gas - it would be very nice if they just stuck to selling you electricity, and beng contactable, wouldn't it!

Give [email]serviziclienti@enel.it[/email] a whirl - it could possibly work!

[QUOTE=Relaxed;53927]I hope you have got somewhere. The trouble with the enel websites is that they change by the minute, and when I tested the link I had posted it came up with the English e-mail form. If it didn't for you (and it isn't doing it for me, at the moment) I apologise. I notice that the number which Alan trawled up for you seems to relate to getting Enel to sell you gas - it would be very nice if they just stuck to selling you electricity, and beng contactable, wouldn't it!

Give [email]serviziclienti@enel.it[/email] a whirl - it could possibly work!

Enel, please dont mention them, i have been trying to contact them for a month, they keep sending me estimated electric bills, my meter is the old fashioned one and can not be read electronicaly, my meter erading is about 3,000 units leass than the estimated and they keep taking around 80 euro from my account each month.

You cannot access Enel on their freefone number from outside Italy. The same is true for Italgas and IKEA Italia freefone numbers. I have found though that Enel are good at replying quicly to e-mails.

I have just tried to email Enel at [email]serviziclienti@enel.it[/email] but it has come back so clearly it doesnt work. So that means you can't contact them from abroad either by fax or email!? Can that be right? I need to fax them a contract urgently.

[QUOTE=Robert;54047]I have just tried to email Enel at [email]serviziclienti@enel.it[/email] but it has come back so clearly it doesnt work. So that means you can't contact them from abroad either by fax or email!? Can that be right? I need to fax them a contract urgently.[/QUOTE]

Robert I did say you could e-mail them. I did, and got a reply from them soonafter, and I am in the UK. I also paid my Enel bill online.

Here is the link to various departments and when you find the one you want click on the link - [url]http://www.enel.it/scrivi/scrivi.asp[/url]. Good luck.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I can report that the number for Enel Gas does get you through to Italy but they can't help with Enel electricity and don't have a number to call dal estero. I have a contact in Italy who is trying to get a number for me to call - if I have any luck I'll let you know. I have tried emailing Enel from the mail form in the website but no reply just yet. Thanks again for all your help - God only knows we need it with Enel! Does anyone else think Enel have a licence to print money? My bills seem absolutely huge, :eek: even though I don't spend that much time in Italy.

Pagine Gialle - [url]http://www.paginegialle.it/ricerca_aziende_per_nome.html[/url]

You can find Enel numbers there.

I can now confirm that you cannot fax Enel from abroad.Enel has confirmed this to me by email tho' at least I now know they do answer emails if you use turtle's link and select the address you want and do not use [email]serviziclienti@enel.it[/email]. so thanks to turtle for that.

Think I am having the same sort of problems as you contacting Enel. I've just received a bill for 14 months electricity even though I pay the 2 monthly bill on line by credit card. When you pay the bill you normally get a confirmation at the side to say this has happened. For some reason mine have reverted to non payment! I have all my credit card bills with the amounts on them confirming payment but looking at past threads it seems I am going to have a fight on my hands.

I did contact them by phone once after emailing them to say we couldn't contact them on the free phone number. They sent me another land line to phone and I'm trying to find that number for you but please bear with me as we are moving house and everything is all over! All conversation on the number they gave me is in Italian.

Umbriabuyer, I have just found the letter I was sent by ENEL to contact them from the UK. The number is 041/8292519. The letter does say the conversation is in Italian - good luck

We found this confusing but it is straightforward. ENEL insist that you can't call direct from the UK however if you log into the ENEL site, go to sportello online you'll see a link at the bottom ENEL ti chiama. Enter your details and tell them when you want them to call and they call you.

Has always worked for us, seems a bit longwinded but works.

Now trying to get a number for IKEA

For IKEA - send a pm to turtle who is the resident IKEA expert, or search on IKEA posts written by turtle - recently she posted some numbers of UK IKEAs who will patch you through to Italian stores...I think.

[quote=Relaxed;56787]For IKEA - send a pm to turtle who is the resident IKEA expert, or search on IKEA posts written by turtle - recently she posted some numbers of UK IKEAs who will patch you through to Italian stores...I think.[/quote]

No dont listen to her you dont need IKEA. Be strong.

We don't even have electricity yet and have just received a bill from Enel for€119 for electricity supposedly used from Feb-March. We did ask for electricity to be supplied for our building site a couple of months ago but haven't got it yet. I suppose we'll get a fine!

[QUOTE=turtle;54010]You cannot access Enel on their freefone number from outside Italy. The same is true for Italgas and IKEA Italia freefone numbers. I have found though that Enel are good at replying quicly to e-mails.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. How helpful.

[QUOTE=turtle;54050]Robert I did say you could e-mail them. I did, and got a reply from them soonafter, and I am in the UK. I also paid my Enel bill online.

Here is the link to various departments and when you find the one you want click on the link - [url=http://www.enel.it/scrivi/scrivi.asp]Enel SpA - Contattaci[/url]. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Just gave this a go and it worked... Thank you.
Sprat

Hi,
We are to move onto our land in one months time. It has a ruin on it, not habitable.On the land there are electric poles giving electric to others in our immediate area. The ruin has never had electricity. Does anyone know how easily, quickly and how we can get a builders supply to begin work on the ruin? Likewise with water and sewers. I apologise for asking this question again, and did get some good info from Turtle,thanks Turtle....but we are nearer to getting there now and basically i need more info if anyone has any?
Sprat

Pilchard

No idea about the water and sewage - you didnt mention where they were nearest

On the eletricity, you are going to have get yourself a generator for the time being. You can buy them for as little as 100 euro but you might need something more powerful (dont work off the peak output - for any individual appliance work on the constant figure)

Capacity is super tight in Italy and in the event that a supply can be simply tapped off the poles, there may not be capacity so they have to do some work upstream. I guess also if they are transmission poles they will need to install a step down transformer. All that I think you will pay for.

I would prepare for a wait and set the wheels in motion in the meantime. I presume the geometra you would have engaged by now can help.

Hiya likethe roman.
Thanks for your quick response,
Have emailed,phoned and even asked a "proper italian" to speak for us to the Geometra. No response. I just yesterday emailed a link from Turtle to Enel, I got a response fron the "webmaster"(?) giving me a email link to contact enel. Yeh, you guessed it. It did'nt work. I think your right, everything takes time in Italy... No sweat.
Sprat