12203 Amazon now delivering electronics to Italy

I know it has been a pain that Amazon.co.uk haven't delivered computer and electronic goods to Italy in the past, but now they tell me that many of these - plus other household goods - can be shipped.

The rates depend on whether you want a 2 day service, or can wait a week for the airmail delivery. Check out their site for further information.

Category
Furniture

This is the best news I have heard in a while..... Or maybe not, I spend most of my wages with Amazon as it is!!

yeah which is why i might keep this one quiet from my husband.

Thanks Charles. You remember the post about "What to bring to Italy" when relocating? Well now that almost all electrical household items are FAR more expensive here than in the UK, this is something I am going to check out right now. Example Bosch Vacuum Cleaner there £129 here €200.

OK I found the vac I wanted on Amazon (several times actually) but all the dealers would not despatch to Italy, so there remains a problem if we want more than Computer and electronics stuff. Piano piano!

Thanks Charles

You wouldn't believe it but my beloved Vax of 20 years blew up today and thanks to your posting I've got a new one coming at half the price I can buy it from here. The postage was only £6.25...amazing! I'm sure that this one won't last as long though.

Thanks again.

[quote=Noble;117556]Thanks Charles. You remember the post about "What to bring to Italy" when relocating? Well now that almost all electrical household items are FAR more expensive here than in the UK, this is something I am going to check out right now. Example Bosch Vacuum Cleaner there £112.20 here €200.

OK I found the vac I wanted on Amazon (several times actually) but all the dealers would not despatch to Italy, so there remains a problem if we want more than Computer and electronics stuff. Piano piano![/quote]

I asked babyeddipig how she managed to get a vacuum cleaner from Amazon? Answer she bought hers from Amazon itself, not their Market Place Dealer set up. Trouble is the Market place is often cheaper but when you compare prices in Italy v prices in England ...it's worth buying from Amozon it seems.

I just checked the price of an iPod dock I've had my eye on;

Med Store Perugia; [b]€199.90[/b]

Amazon, delivered to Italy [b]£67.30[/b]

63% cheaper. Wow!

[quote=Marc;118815]I just checked the price of an iPod dock I've had my eye on;

Med Store Perugia; [B]€199.90[/B]

Amazon, delivered to Italy [B]£67.30[/B]

63% cheaper. Wow![/quote]

Marc,

If your iPod is the New Generation i Touch then most docks available at the moment will play but won't charge the iPod - there are some fixes becoming available soon though....

Jinty

Just an update on the Amazon delivery. Vax, despatched on the 27th April and arrived today in perfect condition. Very pleased indeed :yes::yes::yes: