12145 Photo competition

[quote=ronald;115855]Photo Competition sounds good. Donate to enter and winning image becomes front cover of Italy Magazine. Yes we could do that![/quote] I think this was originally Lollita's idea. We have quite a few professional and (dammed) good amateur photographers in our midst. I think the entrance fee could be fixed at quite a generous level, because the qudos of being on the front cover of The glossy Italy Magazine is a prize worth having and we don't want to encourage any old snaps - wilted dandelion fields and naked men for example. [IMG]https://www.italymagazine.com/forums/members/persephone-albums-abruzzo-earthquake-fundraiser-picture695-front-cover.jpg[/IMG] This is obviously not my call, but I could help Ronald by administering the photos and, for example, set up a website to show all the entries/votes. IT Magazine would have to decide how we judge this (it is their front cover after all), but forum members could vote for their favourite to be considered. Express your interest on this thread and we'll see how it goes. www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake

Category
General chat about Italy

Yes - why not?
I've got one or two pics, they're never going to win, but hey - don't they say it's the taking part that'simportant? If it also boosts the fund - then great!

As for your offering above - surely that particular one would be [I]ideal[/I] for the boys calendar 2010 as "Man contemplating Spring among the olives"

Could we buy any pics we like - proceeds to the fundraising effort?

[quote=annec;116329]Could we buy any pics we like - proceeds to the fundraising effort?[/quote]

Buy me a half of Mackeson and a bag of cheese'n onion and you can have the real thing :winki: I Don't inagine you were referring to photo of "Man with Thistle up Craxie though" :veryconfused:

Weeeell - but where can I buy that hat?

[quote=annec;116348]Weeeell - but where can I buy that hat?[/quote]

Anne - that's not a hat, that's a Marmite gel. I like to rub it in thick for special occasions :bigergrin:

[quote=annec;116329]Could we buy any pics we like - proceeds to the fundraising effort?[/quote]

Excellent idea:yes:

[quote=Ghianda;116349]Anne - that's not a hat, that's a Marmite gel. I like to rub it in thick for special occasions :bigergrin:[/quote]

I was talking about the thing on your head.....any rubbing you do is entirely your own affair:bigergrin:

We're off to Italy on 2nd May with new camera, will bear the compo in mind but probably will not be online until after our return on 24th, so will look for progress on when entries have to be in etc etc etc on our return. Maybe try some calendar shots too?! We have private terraces in Rome and Positano (just as long as we don't end up behind bars for offending anyone of course...)

I've only gone quite on this thread while I check it out with Ronald.

I know you are all baying for it, so here is another tribute to the Great Acorn.

[IMG]http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/members/persephone-albums-abruzzo-earthquake-fundraiser-picture696-front-cover2.jpg[/IMG]

WOW - that takes yer breaf away... :eerr: Makes yer eyes water!

Just what could [I]possibly[/I] be hidin' behind that blue barrer? Surely not just a pair of 'Y-Front's' with weak elastic? There's [U][I]gotta[/I][/U] be more!

:bigergrin:

You seem to have got people, property, style and culture all in one photograph!:bigergrin:

That's cus they is artistes Cingy - and they knows wot they is doing innit! :yes:

And I notice that one of me "love 'andles" has been air brushed out :laughs:

Oi CaroleB, in that the barrow is green, you've got no chance in recognising what is lurking behind it. :bigergrin:

Ronald - is this the same photo competition that I suggested in the Marche Group or something different? - Whichever it is, it would be great if we could raise some more money for the Earthquake Fund. Lets get it started!

sarahandmark, 'pologies if you had already suggested this. Too much going on for my head at the moment.

We can work together on this, one Italy Magazine Photo Competition will be more effective than two.

I have PM'd Ronald for the go ahead, so we will just have to wait for a mo...

I might as well get back in harness and have a (little) bit of a moan.... (I've really missed moaning this last couple of weeks ):sad:

But where is the Photo Competition? You did all that planning Auntie Perce and Ronnie DID say he'd look at setting up a 'Sub Forum' for Fund Raising [U]last[/U] Monday!

Don't let's lose the momentum now! We've come too far. So come on Ronnie

"Get yer finger out!"

What do we want?
A Sub Forum.
When do we want it????

[IMG]http://www.joysandsorrows.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/SmileyHide.gif[/IMG]