12153 Mini Quiz for Abruzzo Eathquake appeal

Ok... All has gone very quiet in donation land soooo...

I will bung a fiver in the pot if somebody can tell me what Buffalo Bill called his gun?

But beware if you answer the question correctly you must be prepared to set the next question and cough up your own fiver if somebody gets it right :bigergrin:

Will this work? Dunno ... Shall we give it a whirl?

Category
General chat about Italy

Great idea Moxie, this could be fun :smile:

I am off to google-land. Let's see if I get there first !!! lol !!!

Buffalo Bill's gun was called Janet, after his first wife who had the fastest left hook in the West!

Lucretia Borgia (but I don't know why!):smile:

Lucrezia Borgia = the right answer
Did you like the Italian twist?
Thanks Mr C ... :yes:
I am off to hand over the dosh whilst you get thinking about your question!
Here is where I am heading

[url=http://www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake]Justgiving - ITALY Magazine Abruzzo Earthquake Appeal[/url]

Was it Lucille?

Sod it, that was another BB's hand held partner. (BB King)

Thanks for the fiver Moxie.

Another question (this is much easier than taking my clothes off!) and a fiver from me for the correct answer. A crossword question:

gegs (9 & 4):eerr:

Ryan Gegs who could have played for England but chose foolishly to be Welsh? :bigergrin:

Gis a clue Cinghers dio cane :smile:

Did you know that Ryan Gegs was on the bench for ENGLAND as a teenager but never got onto the pitch? If he had he couldn't have played for Wales and all those years of problems on the left side of Englands midfield would have been solved!

No Moxie you silly Biff that was just boys' banter !! :smile::smile::smile:

Aaaah boys banter.

Is no one gonna answer the question it is easy peasy?

Biff ? Woss a biff den?

If Janie reads this you are dead meat boys, footie - boys' banter :no:

So... what is a Biff then sweetcheeks?

I am gonna answer Chinger's question meself in a minute...

gegs (9 & 4)

Cinghiale

This could be so right if only it was a 7 & 4.

Eggs - Albumen and Yolk
gegs - 7 and 4

[quote=Lollita;116520]If Janie reads this you are dead meat boys, footie - boys' banter :no:[/quote]
Too late - I've read it!! Boys' banter indeed :rollingeyes:

It's a common misconception that Giggs could have played for the England team. He was born in Cardiff - and went to school in England (just down the road from me as it happens) hence playing for England SCHOOLBOYS. There was, apparently, never any question of him playing for the full England team.

Now what was the question?

gegs (9&4) ... come on we want your fivers!!!

[url=http://www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake]Justgiving - ITALY Magazine Abruzzo Earthquake Appeal[/url]

Ooops! I stand corrected!

Since the idea of this thread is to make more money for the appeal a big hint:

Second word (4) is an anagram of 'gegs'

and

the whole you might have with smoked salmon for breakfast.

I aint giving the answer - I cant bloody afford it - but here's a clue

SCRAMB***. EGGS

If you have smoked salmon for breakfast, you can chuck a tenner in :bigergrin:

Seems close enough to me.

Neat Clue eh?

A fiver is on its way to the appeal.

Does anyone else have a testing question they're prepared to punt a fiver on?:smile:

"moved to italiauncovered.co.uk"

[quote=Torchiarolan;116538]Three questions but a tenner for [B]all 3[/B] correct.
Q1)Who is reputed to have said...
"Never in the field of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few ?" [COLOR=Red][B]Winston Churchill[/B][/COLOR]

Q2)Who is reputed to have said...
"A horse, a horse my kingdom for a horse ?"
[COLOR=Red][B]Richard III (aka Laurence Olivier)[/B][/COLOR]

Q3)Who is reputed to have said...
"Defeat is OK !"
[COLOR=Red][B]Nelson Mandela's chiropodist (I cheated and Google this one....) [/B][/COLOR][/quote]

No more for me for a while I'm borassic... £10 on it's way if I'm right

[COLOR=Red][/COLOR]

Hmmm... was Carole correct? If so would somebody kindly step up clutching a question in their right hand and a fiver in their left please?:yes:

The answer to question 3 is brilliant and very funny :laughs:but, unfortunately, I doubt it's correct!

All to play for then, back to google-land !!!lol!!!

Hello not posted before but I have a question and an extended overdraft, so a fiver goes in the pot if you tell me what type of creature was goldie who escaped from london zoo, an extra fiver if you can tell me the year.:yes:

Goldie was a Golden Eagle and escaped in 1965!

That wil be a tenner then!

Grazie!

Russ

[quote=stingbean;116555]Hello not posted before but I have a question and an extended overdraft, so a fiver goes in the pot if you tell me what type of creature was goldie who escaped from london zoo, an extra fiver if you can tell me the year.:yes:[/quote]

Golden Eagle 1965
Am giving the other fiver for the goldfish!!

Without the aid of google, test your latin. Each correct answer gets a £1

1. Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
2. Fac ut vivas
3. Noli me vocare. Ego te vocabo.
4. Vescere bracis meis
5. Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
6. Senito aliquos togatos contra me conspirare
7. Non illigitamus carborundum
8. Braccae tuae aperiuntur
9. In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
10, Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

Now no cheating!

Russ

1. Catapulted hobbits. Never fish around my debris, or catapult saxon tummys in their mittens?

If theres' no cheating I score zero

7 is 'don't let the bastards grind you down'!:eerr:

I am so too young to have learned latin in school - would somebody brilliant please step up and relieve this good gentleman of his tenner?

(I think no.9 is about hobbits too)

Not quite Moxie, but close

[quote=Moxie;116562]1. Catapulted hobbits. Never fish around my debris, or catapult saxon tummys in their mittens?[/quote]

Spot on. Theres a quid!

[quote=Cinghiale;116564]7 is 'don't let the bastards grind you down'!:eerr:[/quote]

Come on Mr C more more...
Think harder
tip no.9 is almost certainly Hobbit related!!

No 3 is "don't call us, we'll call you"

If cheating is asking daughter who did latin at school, then I confess.:yes:
No.2 Make a life, Get a life!

Thanks Russ

Well done, theres another.

[quote=annec;116574]No 3 is "don't call us, we'll call you"[/quote]

No, thats not cheating. Another £1 for the pot

Aretina

[quote=Aretina;116584]If cheating is asking daughter who did latin at school, then I confess.:yes:
No.2 Make a life, Get a life!

Thanks Russ[/quote]

This tenner is taking some earning Russ!

Latin :veryconfused:

Heeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

Is No 4 "Eat my shorts"?? If it isn't, it should be!

[quote=Russ;116561]Without the aid of google, test your latin. Each correct answer gets a £1

1. Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam [B]You scrtach my back and I'll thump you[/B]
2. Fac ut vivas [B]Swivel[/B]
3. Noli me vocare. Ego te vocabo. [B]I've lost my voice, have you lost yours too?[/B]
4. Vescere bracis meis [B]Can't beat BBQ'd corn on the cob[/B]
5. Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari? [B]How many Marmottes doea it take to change a light bulb?[/B]
6. Senito aliquos togatos contra me conspirare [B]Beware crocodiles in roman clothes[/B]
7. Non illigitamus carborundum [B]No smoke without smoke[/B]
8. Braccae tuae aperiuntur [B]Burn rubber baby[/B]
9. In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes [B]Before going to the dentists, always eat a spinach magnum[/B]
10, Vah! Denuone latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur. [B]Is this the right platform for the 16.40 to Chipping Norton? [/B]
Now no cheating!

Russ

[URL="http://www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake"]Justgiving - ITALY Magazine Abruzzo Earthquake Appeal[/URL][/quote]

Getting close aren't I? :yes:

Absolutely correct!

Up-date plus clues to follow next.....

Russ

[quote=annec;116621]Is No 4 "Eat my shorts"?? If it isn't, it should be![/quote]