12161 Now is NOT the time to stop!

[B]We [U]musn't[/U] forget![/B]

There have been, and there still are, some wonderful fundraising initiatives here among everyone involved in one way or another with Italy Magazine and it's Forums for the earthquake victims in Abruzzo...

Quite incredible sums have been raised, and are continuing to be raised by countless members and their friends, and even from many people that we don't even know and we may never meet.

But all those intrepid fund raisers are now facing the prospect that donations are going to slow down and eventually dry up altogether. I know there are some who have donated [I]more[/I] than they could really afford and others who have donated what they could.

But we really need to revisit the reason we chose to do this. We came together because we care so much about those people in Abruzzo. Our wish to help them transcends just about everything and that has been proved over and over again during these last nine days.

So can we just spare a few more minutes to watch this short report that was filmed around midday on the day of the quake, and remind ourselves once more of 'why' we chose to try and help by raising every penny and cent possible to help these people?
[B][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QCmQhyBGaE"]YouTube - Terremoto - La casa dello studente in macerie - tratto da Anno Zero[/ame][/B]

This is why we must try and keep the impetus going!

Category
General chat about Italy

Seems like another thread that requires bumping on a regular basis!!:yes:

Maybe when we get Percy's new fundraising special forum this thread could be moved there and stuck somehow so we can all see it and it doesn't need to be bumped. The tricky thing with 'General Chat' is that we all need to use it for most threads. This needs to be isolated with no potential for removal. It would seem undignified to bump it.
Not sure if I have explained myself very clearly?
Moxie

Guests who have booked to stay this season, have been the most recent to email us. I wonder if they thought our silence meant that we were buried in rubble and their holiday was off??? That gave us a chance to respond and to ask them to consider a donation to the British Red Cross...all agreed so that's another opportunity to gain funds.

I do wonder what Forum members, who rely on rentals, think about this coming season now? Will the L'Aquila earthquake put people off coming to Italy this summer? Almost all of our friends and guests have very little idea of where L'Aquila is but they are all shocked and effected by what they have seen on Television.

[quote=Carole B;116674][B]We [U]musn't[/U] forget![/B]

There have been, and there still are, some wonderful fundraising initiatives here among everyone involved in one way or another with Italy Magazine and it's Forums for the earthquake victims in Abruzzo...

Quite incredible sums have been raised, and are continuing to be raised by countless members and their friends, and even from many people that we don't even know and we may never meet.

But all those intrepid fund raisers are now facing the prospect that donations are going to slow down and eventually dry up altogether. I know there are some who have donated [I]more[/I] than they could really afford and others who have donated what they could.

But we really need to revisit the reason we chose to do this. We came together because we care so much about those people in Abruzzo. Our wish to help them transcends just about everything and that has been proved over and over again during these last nine days.

So can we just spare a few more minutes to watch this short report that was filmed around midday on the day of the quake, and remind ourselves once more of 'why' we chose to try and help by raising every penny and cent possible to help these people?
[B][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QCmQhyBGaE"]YouTube - Terremoto - La casa dello studente in macerie - tratto da Anno Zero[/URL][/B]

This is why we must try and keep the impetus going![/quote]

[SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]BUMP!

Please - This initiative really mustn't be allowed to die and just be forgotten...
[/FONT][/SIZE]

We have had emails from quite a few of our guests who are coming to Le Marche this season asking if we are ok!!! Maybe thinking about their holidays too, but don't blame them. I have asked them all if they would like to donate (I know it is very cheaky) to the appeal and so far have collected £108 - may even put a little collection box in the rooms but not sure is there are any strange laws against this in Italy - maybe someone can advise me?