12164 Surprised

Hmmm... Just received my weekly IM e-newsletter and was somewhat surprised not to see the link to the Abruzzo Earthquake fund upon it anywhere!:madd:

I appreciate that in terms of 'newsworthiness' generally that the plight of the people of Abruzzo is losing its punch but IM?

Disappointed, Le Marche

Category
General chat about Italy

[quote=Moxie;116695]Hmmm... Just received my weekly IM e-newsletter.

Disappointed, Le Marche[/quote]

Dear Disappointed,

I note that 85 people have viewed this posting but not one (until now) has bothered to answer it:no:.

Perhaps, like me, they also don't know what an 'IM e-newsletter' is:masked:.

We're not all cultured and into C&W like you, you know:yes:.

Oooops :reallyembarrassed:

I'd forgotten about it as well !
I was extremely miffed at the time but so much has gone on since then...

I get a newsletter (online) from IM every week with some good articles and interesting links to check out which is great.

With all the huge effort that was going on here on the forum I just thought that they (Italy Mag) could have popped the donation link on this e-newsletter as it probably has an enormous readership thats all...:veryconfused:

Still unsure as to why they didn't - ho hum...
Thanks for picking this thread up Mr C very sweet of you :yes:

PS The C&W thing was just a blip I prefer my music a little heavier!!

[url=http://www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake]Justgiving - ITALY Magazine Abruzzo Earthquake Appeal[/url]

Dear Disappointed and Signore Cingy

May I cordially invite you both to the waiting game. It is a game where threads are sometimes missed in the heat of the moment perhaps because something more interesting or important is going on (fundraising springs to mind - in which you were/are both heavily involved) and sometimes threads - often very valid threads, such as this one, are dismissed because some of us oldies know not to flog a dead horse when it comes to inquiring about certain issues.

yours sincerely

Twin Set & Pearls
Harrogate. :winki:

Dear Cinghiale

I am baffled as to why you consider that being cultured is required to hold C&W?

Disappointed (shareholder, retd.) Tunbridge Wells

[quote=Charles Phillips;117520]Dear Cinghiale

I am baffled as to why you consider that being cultured is required to hold C&W?

Disappointed (shareholder, retd.) Tunbridge Wells[/quote]

Holding shares in Cable & Wireless is not a matter of culture but of supreme bad judgement (luckily we still only have a few:sad:!). Appreciating Country & Western music, on the other hand, is not only a sign of high culture (with a small 'c') but also a demonstration of catholic (also with a small 'c') musical tastes:yes:.
If you don't mind I'd rather not comment on living in Tunbridge Wells (my late uncle lived on the Pembury Road):masked:.

[quote=Moxie;117511]

PS The C&W thing was just a blip I prefer my music a little heavier!!

[URL="http://www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake"]Justgiving - ITALY Magazine Abruzzo Earthquake Appeal[/URL][/quote]

Not Cliff surely:wideeyed:?

[quote=Cinghiale;117524]Not Cliff surely:wideeyed:?[/quote]

No dear, that'll be my Mother you're thinking of...:bigergrin:

[quote=Moxie;117525]No dear, that'll be my Mother you're thinking of...:bigergrin:[/quote]

Just thought I couldn't be right:bigergrin:.

[quote=Cinghiale;117521]Holding shares in Cable & Wireless is not a matter of culture but of supreme bad judgement (luckily we still only have a few:sad:!). .[/quote]
Oi! some of us have the misfortune just to have been hostile takeover-ed by C&W. I have to suffer them all day - well at least for another 8 months until we get rid of each other (on account of our mutual loathing) - for Gawd's sake don't fill my non-working hours with those dreaded initials too :twitcy:

Still, they do assure me that they're 'on the up' after the "Clueless & Witless" years .... and they've just spent your dividend on a £50 donation to the Red Cross, so it's all good :-)

[quote=pigro;117528]

Still, they do assure me that they're 'on the up' after the "Clueless & Witless" years .... and they've just spent your dividend on a £50 donation to the Red Cross, so it's all good :-)[/quote]

£50 to the Red Cross:yes:. As you say 'it's all good' (which is more than can be said for C&W music:bigergrin:).

Over and out for a couple of weeks:no:.