12180 Hola!

Hola evrybody! I’m new to this foram malarky so bare with me.
We have never been to Italey untill last year as we went to Estapona evry year before then.
Anyway My mates got a luvly place in the cuntry near a place called Anconer (which is a bita of a dump) which hes done up and now we weeve seen what a dossy life you lot lead we want a peice of the action!!!!!

Question to your good selves –

We are going to buy some land to start a motor cross business for competions and hire – do we need permision?

Whats the best tactic of getting houses on the cheap?

can you pay in cash and avoid all taxis?

Are the Italyians ok?

Thanks in advanc Charlie

Category
General chat about Italy

Always avoid the taxis the drivers are really bad.

woops! i ment TAXES!

Spelling not a string point!!!

Charlie

[quote=Charles Pinfold;117055]Hola evrybody! I’m new to this foram malarky so bare with me.
We have never been to Italey untill last year as we went to Estapona evry year before then.
Anyway My mates got a luvly place in the cuntry near a place called Anconer (which is a bita of a dump) which hes done up and now we weeve seen what a dossy life you lot lead we want a peice of the action!!!!!

Question to your good selves –

We are going to buy some land to start a motor cross business for competions and hire – do we need permision?
[B]To buy the land or set up the motor cross business?[/B]
Whats the best tactic of getting houses on the cheap?
[B]Set up a motor cross business next to it[/B]
can you pay in cash and avoid all taxis?
[B]You can pay in cash and buy a car to avoid taxis[/B]
Are the Italyians ok?
[B]Some are, some aren't - a bit like Braintree really[/B]
Thanks in advanc Charlie[/quote]
I note from your 'Hola' that you've got the language cracked already:laughs:![/I]

[quote=PAS 55;117057]Always avoid the taxis the drivers are really bad.[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a055.gif[/IMG] I think he meant taxes but thanks for the tip [IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a070.gif[/IMG][/FONT]

[COLOR="blue"]woops! i ment TAXES!

Spelling not a string point!!!

Charlie[/COLOR]

Well not much hope for your Italyian then!!! lol

Ouch! Do I feel my leg being pulled?:veryconfused:

If not, you're going to need some very understanding neighbours if you are thinking of setting up a moto-cross business.
Cheap houses - we're all still looking for those...
As for permissions - that's another ball game altogether!
But a positive for your fourth point - The Italians are Great:yes:

What a fantastic first post!

[I]We are going to buy some land to start a motor cross business for competions and hire – do we need permision?[/I]

Yes you do need permission and the land must be in the correct zone for such a noisy pursuit.

[I]Whats the best tactic of getting houses on the cheap? [/I]

Choose your area well and then look around and do plenty of research. Sometimes what seems cheap at first, isn’t.

[I]can you pay in cash and avoid all taxis?[/I]

Not any more. The laws have changed recently and all monies now must be declared.

[I]Are the Italyians ok?[/I]

No, they are more than OK they are wonderful.

What was Aretina saying earlier about not judging a book by its cover???
We usually have a Joke (er) on this Forum on Fridays!

Found this - [url=http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t111462.html]House Price Crash forum > What Is Wrong With You All?![/url]

[quote=Cinghiale;117059]I note from your 'Hola' that you've got the language cracked already:laughs:![/i][/quote]

Meester Pinfold, I think you may want the Spaynish Foram:laughs:.

Dear Aunty P

I think Mister P..................eee needs a session with you, but be gentle, he's from Essex and he can't help that. Fancy spending your existence under the 'Tractor folk' of Suffolk.

Aretina, formally of Suffok :yes:

No, no this is a send up, this is someone trolling. There was a brouha recently somewhere in SW France with a British expat buying a beautiful estate and then turning it in to a racing circuit. Ironically, the locals were for it, the long term Brits totally against. I'm sure someone with better googling skills than mine will be able to unearth more.

Here we go, this is what sprung to my mind...

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1987150/British-ex-pats-Dordogne-race-track-plans-irk-French-neighbours.html]British ex-pat's Dordogne race track plans irk French neighbours - Telegraph[/url]

As it's a Friday evening in beautiful southern Tuscany, I'll be generous and suggest maybe it's a coincidence.
But, then again, maybe not?

But I don't think that David Brooker-Carey is also Charles Pinfold.

I still believe this is a wind-up.

Come on, Mr Pinfold, expose yourself (see Buck Naked thread):laughs:!

I wasn't suggesting it was the same guy in France, just that someone was using this as material to wind-up-an-expat. Trolling, I'm sure.

just spoke to me dauter who told me that a troll is a wind up mercent , well i do wind peple up, its tru, practicl jokes etzc, but not here, dont know about fella who wanted mptocropss in france but not me (avoid france like the plage to be honest) thanks to people for an ansa, no wind up inetnded, actualluy our motocross is green it runs with reused corn oil(hopefuly olive juice) and has advanc ceramic cats and baffles in the exhaust so very very quite....

cheers Charlie

Hi Charlie,

In Italy we live in Albero Cervello (a delightful spot) which happens to be twinned with Braintree (in Essex) as is Arbrecerveau in France and Baumgehirn in Germany (to mention 2 of many).

As we already have a very popular motor cross club (particularly with our local Italian friends) would you consider moving here?

i have my own private war with these people who think the woodland above my house is a"free" ,public, motocross circuit...it is not..they suddenley race down thru it usually in ten
on sundays, damaging ground creating ruts ,frightening the animals etc i've spoken to the forestale they say they can't do it,the comune say they can't do it,more importantly i say they can't do it.i've tried putting whole trees across the track,trunks and logs with signs they just push them out of the way what is worse my wife won't let me put up a steel wire ...

Almost every Sunday, Motorcross riders from the Perugia area, dash down the tracks around our house and this weekend the whole area for miles around will host a Motorcross competition. They then leave red and white plastic tape all over the countryside. Few attempts are made to clear up the mess. I see no signs of anyone stopping this happening?

If you do string a wire across, Sebastiano, god forbid, barbed wire, and garrot someone, you'll be locked up for a very long time. This was the case in Umbria a ferw years ago!!

Well - I do confess to a certain concern that I could be confused with the other Charles P (!) - however I'm going to come up (slightly) on the side of the motocross riders.

I'm not too far from an international motocross circuit (at Casamaggiore), and the track is realy well managed. There are only two or three meetings a year, and a couple of practice days - and it attracts international visitors who fill the local agriturismi, and they are all really pleasant people.

The 'wild' motocross riders who plague Noble and sebastiano - well - these riders grow up, find distracting entertainments called girlfriends, disappear, and new venues for the younger motocrossers become more alluring - so it is sort of a moveable pestilence. It's also (at the international level) an absurdly skilled passtime. You think Olympic gymnasts do spectacular things - just work out how much more understanding of dynamics and statics you need to be a top class motocrosser. It does involve engines and noise, and it isn't marketed like F1, but give it its due and be a little tolerant!

[quote=Sebastiano;117245]what is worse my wife won't let me put up a steel wire ...[/quote]
I wonder if a length of bungie cord would do the trick? Less lethal, but still yanks the juvenile delinquent out of his saddle to make your point.

[quote=Charles Phillips;117283]Well - I do confess to a certain concern that I could be confused with the other Charles P (!) - however I'm going to come up (slightly) on the side of the motocross riders.

I'm not too far from an international motocross circuit (at Casamaggiore), and the track is realy well managed. There are only two or three meetings a year, and a couple of practice days - and it attracts international visitors who fill the local agriturismi, and they are all really pleasant people.

The 'wild' motocross riders who plague Noble and sebastiano - well - these riders grow up, find distracting entertainments called girlfriends, disappear, and new venues for the younger motocrossers become more alluring - so it is sort of a moveable pestilence. It's also (at the international level) an absurdly skilled passtime. You think Olympic gymnasts do spectacular things - just work out how much more understanding of dynamics and statics you need to be a top class motocrosser. It does involve engines and noise, and it isn't marketed like F1, but give it its due and be a little tolerant![/quote]

To reply to Charles...you're wrong there mate! The Motorcross riders around here are often well into their 40's and still keen to race the strada vicinale on Sundays, (which we English pay to resurface and maintain !!) They are club members and take it seriously. One poor Motorcrosser even died recently aged 45? (heart attack) and we pass the memorial stone on our walks.

At Magione there is a Motor Racing Track, where companies test their vehicles and races are held, even when the wind is in the wrong direction we do not complain but the Motorcross Riders seem to care little for the open countryside and that is where they ride around here.

I think they are a noisy nuisance, thank goodness we dont have them around us here, but when we lived in Sussex, a walk on the South Downs has been ruined by their antics, so I do sympathise Noble and Sebastiano.
A

They also ignore the " No Motorised Vehicles" signs on the tracks around Lago San Ruffino. Last year in the summer, whilst walking the dog, about 10 roared along the track ....... no consideration about human or animal. Dog did try to attack them, but unfortunately didn't managed to grab a leg to chew up in the evening.