12249 Collection Of Baby Items For Abruzzo

This afternoon, I popped by The Todlers Group at Sr Peters Italian Church in London as arranged prior, to pick up some baby clothes and toys,, (mainly soft ones) plus unused feeding bottles. Thankfully it was just the right amount for my friends to be able physically to carry to Italyy.

I would like to thank Caterina for organising the collection.

St Peters, London, is also launching their own appeal on the 2nd May. I asked what form that appeal would take, and was told a collection at the church services and that the money would be probably taken personally to Italy (to prevent corruption.)

[url]http://www.italianchurch.org.uk[/url]

Additionally I suggested to DavidUno and Moxie that they too could perhaps get a simillar collection together in Marche, or indeed anyone could in Italy wherever they are.

Category
General chat about Italy

Hello Sally, with the pull of trying to keep body and soul together and trying to do something for Abruzzo, we are concentrating on one thing at a time. We did human needs as a starter. We're now "doing" a pet refuge.
Someone else may well have the time and resources for childrens items. The Red Cross here is very specific as to what they require at any one time. We do not want to needlessly transport anything to the disaster zone.
Our view is to help with the basics at this time.
Thank you Sally and good luck with your trip.:smile:

Sally, if you ask your friends to contact any of the Caritas offices in their area, I am sure that they will be delighted to get those clothes and toys to the affected areas. They have the right infrastructure to do it as they are working and distributing help on site. Just tell them to go to the nearest Catholic church and ask for the nearest Caritas office. They will be gratefully given directions, but basically there is a Caritas office or person in charge of it in almost every parish. All help is always welcome.

Just sorting things out at the moment. There must be around forty mixed clothing items for a wee baby boy of a few months old (so cute and indeed poignant too for me) and they are of very good quality. About eighty toys (some of which could get broken in transit as they are made of plastic.)

I am sure that there is currently a shortage of those items and they will be more than welcome as babies need many changes of clothes and I am sure that there are not very many facilities to wash and dry clothes in the area.