12229 Ciao from Ovada

Hi all. Have been lurking for a while and have finally found the courage to post. I came over way back in 1980 as a showjumping groom, I stayed 3 years, had my heart broken and went home to lick my wounds. I just couldnt settle down in the UK and finally came back in 1990:smile:. Ive been with my oh 19 years now and although I dream of 'going home' one day, I am so used to being here that I doubt it will ever happen:eeeek:. Im still involved with horses and live in the countryside above Ovada near Alessandria. Well! That wasnt too bad! Mairi.

Category
Introduce Yourself - Piacere Conoscerti

A very warm welcome, mairi. Where is Alessandria???

Hi Mairi

Again welcome!

Do you know of the Arezzo Equestrian Centre here in Southern Tuscany. It seems to be on the European circuit now, and some events/3 day meetings attract around 800-900 horses. Many junior/senior european tour championships are held there. Huge site, 2 or 3, I think, indoor arenas and lovely show jumping course. Reminds me of UK when I see it. They have one of those big wall jumps too like Hickstead. I'm not horsey but my daughter plays polo and just found out that there is a very large polo centre in Chianti where the european teams hang out.

So for now, best wishes

[quote=mairi;117835]Hi all. Have been lurking for a while and have finally found the courage to post. I came over way back in 1980 as a showjumping groom, I stayed 3 years, had my heart broken and went home to lick my wounds. I just couldnt settle down in the UK and finally came back in 1990:smile:. Ive been with my oh 19 years now and although I dream of 'going home' one day, I am so used to being here that I doubt it will ever happen:eeeek:. Im still involved with horses and live in the countryside above Ovada near Alessandria. Well! That wasnt too bad! Mairi.[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Welcome I’m also a newbie so we can be ‘newbies’ together :yes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Alessandria[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic] is ‘close to’ us, well about 200 kilometres so close enough [/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a068.gif[/IMG][/FONT]

[quote=Monique;117889][FONT=Century Gothic]Welcome I’m also a newbie so we can be ‘newbies’ together :yes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Alessandria[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic] is ‘close to’ us, well about 200 kilometres so close enough [/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][IMG]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a068.gif[/IMG][/FONT][/quote]
Just round the corner then!:laughs:. Okay, 'newbies together':bigergrin:. M.

There is a chap on this forum called "Steve, Cittadino di Ovada" - maybe you have come across him? (Assuming it is the same Ovada)

Welcome to the Forum, Mairi. Enjoy it.

[quote=mairi;117891]Just round the corner then!:laughs:. Okay, 'newbies together':bigergrin:. M.[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Verdana]Yeah perhaps a bit far for a afternoon cuppa :laughs:Is [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Alessandria[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] in [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Liguria[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] or [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Piedmont[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]?[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Verdana]I know we pass it on the way down. We have looked at the motor rail train which goes as far as [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Alessandria[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] but it is very expensive and takes forever! [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic][URL="http://www.dbautozug.de/site/dbautozug/en/start.html"]DB Autosug[/URL][/FONT]