12319 Another Newbie

Hello

I have just signed upto this forum and wanted to say hello to everybody.

I am visiting Tuscany in September this year and really cannot wait. Plus due to my line of work I am getting a villa in Chianti completely free of charge.

Category
Introduce Yourself - Piacere Conoscerti

:smile:Welcome to the forum. Lucky you having a free holiday, hope you have a wonderful time.

Its the one advantige of working in the travel industry, is getting free holidays.

The downside is the long hours, poor pay and high stress levels. Sometimes I really wish I became a white van driver instead of going to to university and doing a degree in travel and tourism. Once you have worked in the travel business, its sadly rather difficult to do something else.

[quote=Vivid Italy;119269]Hello

I have just signed upto this forum and wanted to say hello to everybody.

I am visiting Tuscany in September this year and really cannot wait. Plus due to my line of work I am getting a villa in Chianti completely free of charge.[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Hello and welcome :bigergrin: Lucky you getting a free villa in Chianti :yes: I'm sure the white van driver would agree:bigergrin:[/FONT]

Many moons ago I also worked in the travel industry and everyone used to tell me how lucky I was travelling and staying here, there and everywhere, in lovely hotels, lovely countries.
But you are so right, even then the pay was dreadful, the hours long and very stressful and you always had to have a smile on your face.
Have a wonderful holiday in Chianti.
Maralyn

[quote=Maralyn;119530]Many moons ago I also worked in the travel industry and everyone used to tell me how lucky I was travelling and staying here, there and everywhere, in lovely hotels, lovely countries.
But you are so right, even then the pay was dreadful, the hours long and very stressful and you always had to have a smile on your face.
Have a wonderful holiday in Chianti.
Maralyn[/quote]

Hi Maralyn

You are quite right, its a great industry to work in and I think in some ways you dont appreciatate how good it is, until your not in it any longer. I am really lucking to have been in it now for just over 10 years and I really could not see myself doing anything else.

Yes I did thoroughly enjoy it. I worked in Cyprus for 2 years pre 1974 (sent home because of the war starting there) when Cyprus was a joy to be in as it was totally unspoiled and special. I also worked in Switzerland for a while, mainly Geneva. I had a ball in general, needed a holiday to get over the exhaustion of my job (I worked with companies on trade fairs, launches etc., my claim to fame is I went to Paris with George Best/Tuf shoes) as I was on call 24/7 most times. But I am very lucky that after 5 years in the travel industry, then bringing up a family, I am now working in art, doing my art, selling art etc., everything I love and that comes from my heart. All in all I have been a very lucky person when it comes to my working life and I for one realise and treasure that.
Maralyn

Welcome to the forum, ust jump in and chat away

Wot larks!