11281 Groups +Ignore Lists Absurdity

From The Pets Group

[COLOR="red"]Nielo
I created this Group and am therefore it’s moderator.

As Sally well knows, she is on my ignore list and I can not read her posts. I don’t therefore know if they are offensive and I am afraid through past experience I am just not prepared to take the risk of this group being spoiled, so I will delete any posts by Sally.

Sally if you have something important to say please use the main forum.[/COLOR]

I posted a thread and it was deleted. Surely as a moderator you are under an obligation to read my post Nielo. I was not aware I was on your Ignore List but actually that seems not always the case. It was a very interesting article by a vet on the dangers of throwing sticks. I would have thought the best place for the article was in The Pets Group.

This issue raises the absurdity of being a Moderator and putting one of your members on your Ignore List

Would someone please quote my post so Nielo will read it. Cheers

Category
Italy Magazine Forums - Announcements & Queries - No Longer Applicable

Mmmm, does seem to be somewhat odd to be the moderator and yet not see the post so cannot as such moderate. Perhaps there is a way around this?.But as it stands seems rather silly. Perhaps Ronald could advise on how one might get around it and keep everyone happy.Not that I can see or hope that it would happen very often.
A

It's a funny one, isn't it! It hadn't occurred to me that an 'ignore list' would also work in groups. You can set up 'invite only' groups - and I think you can also choose to make these 'invite only' groups visible to non members. Maybe another option which would be handy would be a 'public group excepting ****' ......

[quote=Sally Donaldson;106672]

[B] I was not aware I was on your Ignore List [/B][/quote]

How is it that the whole forum knows you are on Nielos 'Ignore List' except you?. It's simply not possible - stop playing the victim Sally and just learn to behave like someone who has a brain cell - borrow one if you cant find any of your own.

[quote=Sally Donaldson;106672]From The Pets Group

[COLOR="red"]Nielo
I created this Group and am therefore it’s moderator.

As Sally well knows, she is on my ignore list and I can not read her posts. I don’t therefore know if they are offensive and I am afraid through past experience I am just not prepared to take the risk of this group being spoiled, so I will delete any posts by Sally.

Sally if you have something important to say please use the main forum.[/COLOR]...............[/quote]

Strikes me, on reading the above, that there should be certain ground rules for the 'moderators' of Groups -

Whilst I can understand why people want to put others on to their 'Ignore list', it seems a dubious practice to then, as Moderator, impose your choice on to others.

Sally you know you are on my ignore list. I PM’d you to say so and published the people on my ignore list in my personal page.

Please leave me alone and stop pursuing me round the forum. I don’t want to play.

Is the personal page the same as the profile? because I cannot find a list of ignored people . I admit I am not so good with the tecky stuff, would you point me in the right direction neilo plse.Or someone, perish the thought that I might be ignored. Now I have lost the smile button!
Thanks
A

"Sally you know you are on my ignore list. I PM’d you to say so and published the people on my ignore list in my personal page.

Please leave me alone and stop pursuing me round the forum. I don’t want to play."

I'm in no way a liar when I say I received no such list Nielo, nor have I seen your List on your profile page but thank you for reading this thread.

If I had known then would I have bothered to post in the Pets Corner and indeed join???

I suppose, as well as the 'ignore list' another dubiously desirable feature has also migrated through to 'groups': I'm referring to the ability to edit posts. Can you do that in a group, Sally?

Why don't we all have a New Year resolution to dispense with the "Ignore List" and be one big happy family? :no:

[I]'runs for the hills as he's suddenly is added to said ignore list' :tongue::bigergrin:[/I]

[IMG]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/stephichick4ever/yawn.jpg[/IMG]

Now not one but TWO threads dealing with things that should have been 'dead and buried' a long time ago... [IMG]http://th186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/Baby_Girls_Bucket/smileys/th_sign-smiley-7161.gif[/IMG]

I have a distinct sense of déjà-vu - does anyone else feel it?

Posts laden with 'edits', posts submitted without 'due care and attention' to the content - how long does it take to proof read your own posts to ensure that the result is not creating yet [I]another[/I] 'foot in mouth' situation?

Sure an occasional typo can easily slip by - but that's [U]not[/U] what editing by some individuals is used for.... is it? It is used as a tool, often to try to discredit others - a pretty low trick at the best of times.

What with 'Ignore' lists, 'Editing' usage, 'Elite' and (presumably) 'Non Elite' Groups the whole idea of a [B][I]community[/I][/B] coming together to dicuss and debate various aspects of life 'in' and 'about' Italy becomes little more than a farce where the 'by word' is one of dissatisfaction at not being allowed to play with the grown ups!

But to be allowed to do [I][U]that[/U][/I] - one has to stop stamping their foot every five minutes and demonstrate an [U][I]adult[/I][/U] approach to such situations...

[IMG]http://www.claymaniacs.com/forums/Smileys/claysmiles/soapbox.gif[/IMG]

Bah humbug CaroleB - I'm gonna burn that soapbox of yours if you don't let me borrow it for a while and show you how to stop beating around the bush like some kind of Diplomat! Here's how you do it.

Grow up Sally. Too many people here are fed up of your constant whinging and whining like a distressed alligator!!! lol ??? :bigergrin:

[quote=juliancoll;106735]Bah humbug CaroleB - I'm gonna burn that soapbox of yours if you don't let me borrow it for a while and show you how to stop beating around the bush like some kind of Diplomat! Here's how you do it.

Grow up Sally. Too many people here are fed up of your constant whinging and whining like a distressed alligator!!! lol ??? :bigergrin:[/quote]

Well jc - by now you ought to know me and my ways... but humbug or not - here's my Soap Box [IMG]http://www.claymaniacs.com/forums/Smileys/claysmiles/soapbox.gif[/IMG] - it's all yours. Use it as you will - but please, [I][U]don't burn it![/U][/I] I use it so often that I'd be really lost without it!

[quote=Carole B;106737]Well jc - by now you ought to know me and my ways... [/quote]

Oh I do.. I do. :winki: