12146 Fundraiser Forum

Any merit in setting up a new forum for [I]all[/I] the [URL="http://www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake"]www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake[/URL] fundraising activity?

I keep loosing track...

Then we could engage in some serious 'post bumping' :bigergrin:!

Category
Italy Magazine Forums - Announcements & Queries - No Longer Applicable

[quote=Persephone;116320]Any merit in setting up a new forum for [I]all[/I] the [URL="http://www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake"]www.justgiving.com/italy-abruzzo-earthquake[/URL] fundraising activity?

I keep loosing track...

Then we could engage in some serious 'post bumping' :bigergrin:![/quote]

That's a fabulous Idea Auntie Perce... You're right, all this 'where did I see that' followed by ages hunting for something can now be kept under one roof and so our efforts can be better concentrated to continue to boost the fund!

Brava!!! :yes:

A genius plan madam, genius! :yes: Less distraction, everyone's eyes on the same ball - brilliant.
Love the new avatar

Moxie

What do you mean by a "new forum"? This was started through Italy Magazine and, although the original idea is JC's Ronald did the setting up. I cannot see any merit in the idea. Let's keep it under our own roof.
Anyway, I cannot see any difficulty when trying to follow up what is going on.
Totally against the idea.

Doesn't Percy mean a sub-forum here?? If so, then i agree that's a great idea

If it is a sub-forum, I agree; but then, Admin will have to set it up. We cannot do it ourselves.

Must admit I assumed a forum within a forum scenario ...

Hello all - will be setting something up tomorrow to handle this

[quote=Gala Placidia;116333]What do you mean by a "new forum"? This was started through Italy Magazine and, although the original idea is JC's Ronald did the setting up. I cannot see any merit in the idea. Let's keep it under our own roof.
Anyway, I cannot see any difficulty when trying to follow up what is going on.
Totally against the idea.[/quote]

I know what you're thinking Gala, I used to get very confused with forums and threads and posts and sub groups and 'whatever'.

But when I got my own site it all became clear.
Italy Magazine is a 'website' = Site.
It has different sections one of which is 'ours' = Forums

This (our) Forum is made up of 'Sub Forums' i.e.
Discuss Italy
Living in Italy
The Grand Tour
etc. etc.

These Sub Forums fall into different categories with individual names i.e.
General Discussion
Circolo
Announcements

So hopefully Ronald can create a Fund Raising Sub Forum which will contain the current various Forums all under one (the IM) roof and to which we can all add new fund raising categories.

[quote=ronald;116340]Hello all - will be setting something up tomorrow to handle this[/quote]

Thanks Ronald, you seem to have understood what I meant:bigergrin:!

As long as no-one starts another one in the general forum bit, presumably the powers that can be could move it if that happened?

[quote=ronald;116340]Hello all - will be setting something up tomorrow to handle this[/quote]

In the style of Dr. McCoy from Star Trek, 'It's tommorow, Jim, but not as we know it'. :bigergrin: