12105 Food Donations Wanted - Please Help ASAP

LATEST UPDATE FOR FOOD DONATIONS:

For those of us living in the Amandola area, we have been to Conad in Amandola and still waiting for them to get back to us with regards to a collection for food donations.

In the meantime, we have been to Conad in Comunanza and they have been really helpful, setting up a donation area and translation our poster into Italian!

So any non-perishable food items greatfully received at Comunanza Conad until 6pm Thursday 9th April. The donations will then be taken by us to Macerata tomorrow night and then on to L'Aquila.

Please tell everyone you know living in the area, every little helps.

I will keep you posted with regards to Amandola Conad. For any more information you can pm us. Thank you.

Category
Le Marche

Great news. Is it still only Comunanza Conad?

Moxie

Yes still waiting for the owner of Amandola branch to phone back - only been waiting 7 hours and it is a slight emergency. We only have tomorrow left now - have been into Conad 4 times so far and he hasn't been there when he was ment to be - can't go again as we have to work now but trying to get in touch with friends to call in and see what he is doing!!!!! Hopefully the collection is going well in Comunanza. Thanks for asking Moxie.

Franco (owner of Conad in Amandola) is the head of the bici club sibillini and his mobile number is here: [url=http://www.mtbclubsibillini.it/contattaci/contatti/copponi-franco.html]Contatti[/url]

Amandola pick up is still going ahead tomorrow at 6pm, at the Conad car park.
A

Echo that - This will propbably come out wrong, but to see on the TV (my beloved) Italians queueing at a van for biscotti with a blanket over them "did my head in". What did it in more is to here "un singolo" declaring that we don't need any help thanks".

The Prince of savoi has taken three container loads of food to L'Aquila plus one of mineral water. Good for him! That is enough for 50,000 meals. Good for him! Sounds alot! It is. However 5,000 homeless, this will only equate to 5 days. Sig Birlesque refuses outside help. Stuff him. Whatever we can send there will help. Please anybody who can get food to Sarah and Mark at Conad in Amandola or to Angie and Robert please do so. There is no kudos from this,it is not political or even a nationality issue, it is just a matter of helping our fellow man in time of need.

Rally round Marche folk - these good people are making it easy for you to actually do something practical to help - get shopping!!!

Moxie

[quote=Angie and Robert;115742]Amandola pick up is still going ahead tomorrow at 6pm, at the Conad car park.
A[/quote]

Angie and Robert, I have no way of sending dry goods or actually visiting the stores you mention, but I [U]would[/U] like, if possible to send some money to someone who is doing this collection (maybe via PayPal) for them to put some food into the collection for me. Can that be done?

Is it too late do you think? Surely one of you have a PayPal account I can send it to?

Thats very kind of you Carol, I dont have that facility, and I know that Sarahs phone and internet connections were knocked out by the shakes there last night close to Amandola, she may pick this up, or maybe someone else in Marche who is going for the food shopping today will.Hopefully now most things are arranged, I am still looking for drivers from my house to Macerata (about 35mins away) for about 7oclock this evening, any offers gratefully recieved , plse pm me.
And thanks again to all who are helping or have supported us, Moxie is especially being a real star today!!.
A

I certainly applaud the efforts of the forum members in Amandola and Communanza, but for Carole B why not have a quick look in the local bar and see if there are any collections local to you?

I know that in Castiglione del Lago, PG, for example, the Rifondazione Communista office is open on Friday afternoon as a collection point for canned goods etc.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I have donated via my site's collection and that is going to the ARCI-Abruzzo collection account, so that our (all-be-it small) amount will go to where it is needed almost [I]immediately[/I].

But this was really just a personal extra donation to be able to help with food NOW... I thought perhaps someone there may have PaypPal for paying B&B or lodging. But if there's no one then I'll just put a bit more on the ARCI collection.

Paypal accounts are very easy to set up. so maybe Sarah or Angie will do this hopefully. [url]https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_home&country_lang.x=true[/url] The Red Cross accepts any amount of money, small or large.

whilst all efforts are certainly comendable there are already in place a number of official sites/accounts/numbers which are taking donations for the people in abruzzo.
some of these can simply be made via phone calls/sms etc,even sky tv has a donation scheme in place.personally i think the best thing one can do is contributer thru one of these.BTW there has been an official announcement that foodstuffs,clothes and shoes are not required

Food not needed? Is that a Burlesconi thing or truth? The donating food is appealing partly because cheap brands of food will be of little use to the political thieves and their allies. I doubt that the collection will include caviar, hand made egg pasta, tartufi or other luxury items.
This also applies to Lollita's idea of a fund to donate childrens books.
Get down to Conad Amandola or Comunanza people! Collection finishes at 18:00 hrs!!

If food is really not needed, I am sure toiletries, nappies, towels etc. would be appreciated.

No desire to encroach on this thread but just in case people following this one are not aware of what we are trying to do on another thread.

Please follow the link below. :smile:

[B][url=http://www.italymag.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12110&referrerid=4248]Abruzzo Earthquake Fundraising Drive - Italy Magazine Forums[/url][/B]

Just to let people know, Sarah and David set out for Macerata an hour ago with a jeep load of food, thanks to all that gave their help, will post more tomorrow,
A

Was delivered to the charity in Macerata, off to the zone tomorrow, well done to everyone who took part, I think we will get pictures from the charity to inform us of what happened. Bit tired now, so sleep well everyone,
A

A peaceful night for us here, I would just personally like to acknowledge the efforts put in by Sarah and Mark, and David and Moxie, which made our donation of food possible, and those that donated food, and the money for buying it in their absence. This has been an eye opener for us, it seems that those who had the least to give, times are hard for some here, gave the most, in time energy and donations. I have had the opportunity to meet new forum members who are prepared to pull together for the common good, and to give something back to this country that we now live in and love.
Thanks all.
Angie

Angie and Robert - we bow to your organisational skills and determination.:smile:

Mox

Well finally got the internet and phone back today after over a week! Typical of Telecom! But
anyway thanks to all those who helped with the food collection and its was great to meet Moxie and David at last. Thanks also to the residents of Force and especially Jana who helped collecting all the donations from theit end and many thanks to Conad in Comunanza who donated 3 large boxes of food and biscuits. Carole - I have a Paypal account - very sorry I did not know earlier (I seem to miss out once the internet goes!) and when we do the next collection, will be happy to do some shopping for you, just let us know. Hopefully our donations are there by now and we can find out what the next step is. Thanks.

[quote]Carole - I have a Paypal account - very sorry I did not know earlier (I seem to miss out once the internet goes!) and when we do the next collection, will be happy to do some shopping for you, just let us know.[/quote]

I'll be ready - just let me know when! :yes: