12171 Car-hire with Ryanair?

Has anyone hired a car from Ryanair? We usually hire from Hertz but Ryanair has the best quote. However, we all know that Mr O'Leary needs a careful eye! (From Ancona btw.).
Thanks.
Annie.

Category
Travel & Holiday Advice

We have done it and all OK but might be worth a quick check re an extra charge for the steering wheel!

I find that it is usually the best price as well and use it to get a better price even when I am flying with someone else.

Mark

[quote=Anniet2;116883]Has anyone hired a car from Ryanair? We usually hire from Hertz but Ryanair has the best quote. However, we all know that Mr O'Leary needs a careful eye! (From Ancona btw.).
Thanks.
Annie.[/quote]
[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]We’ve never had a problem and we have used Hertz booked through RyanAir many times and in several different countries.:yes: Definitely the best price, I always check.:bigergrin:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=elliven;[URL="javascript:void(0)"][URL="javascript:void(0)"]116915[/URL][/url]]We have done it and all OK but might be worth a quick check re an extra charge for the steering wheel![/quote]

The steering wheel is standard, but the brakes are charged as extras.

How many you want one, two three or four - oh and a handbrake?

Thank you for all the comments above. We have searched the websites and it is the best price, but we were just a bit wary about getting to Ancona to find a 'You want wheels? Ooh, that's MUCH more money' situation! Anyway, we've booked it now.
Annie.

and if you don't have it already get the excess cover.

My experience is that excess cover in Italy is VERY expensive.

We have an annual insurance plan for about £70/year to cover both of us unlimited times hiring cars.

I'm not advertising so, if you want further details, feel free to PM me:yes:

[quote=Monique;116969][SIZE=4] [/SIZE]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]We’ve never had a problem and we have used Hertz booked through RyanAir many times and in several different countries.:yes: Definitely the best price, I always check.:bigergrin:[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
I have to disagree. I have just checked for a car from Stansted on 8th May. Hertz via Ryanair for a Ford Focus £158, Auto Europe £128.01.

[quote=cinghiale;117129]my experience is that excess cover in italy is very expensive.

We have an annual insurance plan for about £70/year to cover both of us unlimited times hiring cars.

I'm not advertising so, if you want further details, feel free to pm me:yes:[/quote]

Hi
We would be gratefull to know of your insuarnce co, we think recommendations on the site are ok, otherwise i have alsp pm you

many thanks Lin

We use insurance4carhire.com who are very reasonable.

[quote=Beckett's;119253]Hi
We would be gratefull to know of your insuarnce co, we think recommendations on the site are ok, otherwise i have alsp pm you

many thanks Lin[/quote]

I use this insurance policy - £49 a year

[url=http://www.insurance4carhire.com/]Car Hire Excess Insurance | Car Rental Excess Insurance[/url]

[quote=alan h;119255]I use this insurance policy - £49 a year

[url=http://www.insurance4carhire.com/]Car Hire Excess Insurance | Car Rental Excess Insurance[/url]

.[/quote]

Thanks, this is the company that we are using at present, they have a max ins cover of £2000, we are trying to hire a classic car in June for a special occasion and they will not cover it, we have asked if we could pay a higher premium but no! So hope that, the members that are using the £70.00 annual fee could say who they are with as it may be a better cover.

Regards Lin

I'd recommend [url=http://www.carrentals.co.uk]Car hire UK, USA, and Europe - Compare cheap car rental prices worldwide[/url].
Scan through results, and check out the actual car rental company.
We've booked many times, and often get a better price for Hertz cars through Expedia. Usually cheaper than Hertz via Ryanair (and always cheaper than Hertz direct!)

[quote=MargaretM;117226]I have to disagree. I have just checked for a car from Stansted on 8th May. Hertz via Ryanair for a Ford Focus £158, Auto Europe £128.01.[/quote]And now I have my confirmation to produce at the car hire desk, and guess which desk it is - Hertz:laughs:

[quote=MargaretM;119882]And now I have my confirmation to produce at the car hire desk, and guess which desk it is - Hertz:laughs:[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Oh wow and here I was thinking I had checked all the options :reallyembarrassed: [/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic]I only compared prices with the other usual ‘suspects’ e.g. Avis, Budget, Sixit etc [img]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/konfus/c022.gif[/img] [/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]That's is funny...having to call at the Hertz desk :laughs:[/FONT]

[quote=Andy Bang;119829]I'd recommend [url=http://www.carrentals.co.uk]Car hire UK, USA, and Europe - Compare cheap car rental prices worldwide[/url].
Scan through results, and check out the actual car rental company.
We've booked many times, and often get a better price for Hertz cars through Expedia. Usually cheaper than Hertz via Ryanair (and always cheaper than Hertz direct!)[/quote]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]With all of these agency sites watch the extras. Road tax is a favourite - you think you have got a better deal and then they slap road tax on at around €4 a day when you go to pick up the car. As always check the small print!! The other thing to consider with booking through agents is that they often strike short term deals with certain companies. This means when you arrive at the check in desk there is a long queue as everyone is with the same company as they have the deal that month. Next month it will be another company and a different long queue. There is an answer - get a loyalty card with as many companies as you can - we have 5!! so we ain't that loyal but at least you can then jump the queue! I use my Hertz when I book Ryanair carhire and go straight to the desk :laughs: I think its called priority collection and its free[/FONT]

I have used them before, they are ok. I suppose your only issue is if you want to complain to them, you are unlikely to have much joy! The car hire companies arent a lot better, so you may as well go with price. There are comparison sites about too.

Hi,
We use hire Herz via Ryanair everytime we go to Italy and mostly from Ancona. Can positively recommend it, no problems.

we used auto europe and ended up at the Avis desk - see my previous post about being sent off without proof of insurance though - I still need to follow this up to ensure I don't get a huge fine in 10 months time. Not the car hire company itself, they all do it, just check your documents (and the dents on the car etc)