12428 Driving a lorry Salerno to Bari

Hi I need some help, next week I have to drive a very large lorry from Salerno to Bari.

Can anyone tell me a route and what to avoid? is there anything low bridge tight areas I need to avoid.

Thanks

trucker

Category
Travel & Holiday Advice

[quote=trucker;120788]Hi I need some help, next week I have to drive a very large lorry from Salerno to Bari.

Can anyone tell me a route and what to avoid? is there anything low bridge tight areas I need to avoid.

Thanks

trucker[/quote]

No, stick to the auto/super stradas and you will be fine, just don't try to go under the 1.9 metre barriers at tolls !!
Cannot comment on bridges right-angle bends etc, before you to and from the auto/super stradas but do try not to pick up any bonnet ornaments along the way though.

do you know the heights of the bridges??

Try using [url=http://www.viamichelin.fr]ViaMichelin: Itinéraire, Plan, Guide tourisme, Réservation hôtel, Carte routière France Europe, trafic[/url] for an itinerary or talk to ACI. Plus, there must be loads of Italian truck drivers who do the route Salerno-Bari so I can't believe you will be blocked by low bridges.

[quote=trucker;120788]Hi I need some help, next week I have to drive a very large lorry from Salerno to Bari.

Thanks

trucker[/quote]
hi just north of salerno take the napoli bari,it's all motorway,no problem.

I think as long as you stick to the main roads and mototways you should be fine.

But do watch your speed, as the police can be very quick off the mark if they spot a foreign lorry.

I would do some research on the speed limits in Italy before you set out.