12374 blue flag beaches

once again its that time of year and all the beaches in Teramo province have gained their blue flags for cleanliness, and facilities ... only four achieved it in chieti...pescara once again failed... so abruzzo has come fourth in the league after tuscany,marche and liguria i believe... it also has one of the few blue flag lakes at scanno

one thing is to look carefully though when checking the blue flag areas... ie not all the beaches in an area have the required cleanliness... so make sure if it is a beach holiday to pick the right area to have your sun chair....

its pretty good news for this area in times when good news is somewhat hdden behind tragedy ...

Category
Travel, Talk, Safety

Is there a link to the Blue Flag beaches, John?

[url=http://www.blueflag.org/Menu/Blue+Flag+beaches%2fmarinas/2008/Northern+Hemisphere/Italy]Italy[/url] is the Italy page in the Blue Flag site

It looks like Chieti got 9 blue flags out of the 22 shown according to the site, Beaches at Fossacesia, San Salvo, Vasto, Francavilla & San Vito Chietino.

I know I am biased but I still think Vasto is number 1, I love the old town overlooking the bay and the best thing is that finally we can all start using them !!!!

just to clear up my posting the numbers... i read about this in il centro and they did it by comune... hence the lesser number... Bosco provided a more detailed link and vigneverde numbers are right... in fact for san salvo in chieti its a record as they have achieved the blue flag ten years in a row

so as they said in the article this is a ray of sunshine in abruzzo news...