12413 Sand Pit

I have built a sand pit for my daughter and is now looking for play sand (washed sand which does not stain). Anyone who knows where I can buy this?
Thanks in advance

Category
Travel, Talk, Safety

Try Toys R Us - not really a "relevant to Italy" answer - but then, nor is your question so I don't suppose any rules have been broken here.

Apart from that, you could be a slow spammer of some sort and because I have "attacked" you as such by voicing my opinion, I will get banned and you will remain unnoticed! :bigergrin:

I think this post may be in the wrong thread - Travel, Talk, Safety.

Perhaps a moderator could move it. :smile:

I really don't understand why Ablomqvi has been given a difficult time. It's obvious from prior posts that he/she lives in Le Marche near Treia. What is wrong with posing a question about where to purchase sand? People in various parts of Italy post these types of queries all the time in the different regions of Italy sections.

There is nothing wrong with it Lisa - apart from it is in the wrong section and therefore, going on recent actions, may be deleted. The poster does not say where they want to purchase the sand and we are not mind readers - so no one has yet given the poster a exact answer unless they do have "Toys R Us" or similar in Italy, which I'm sure they do, but the thread has now been noticed by others so they are in with a chance to get a variety of replies - most of which will no doubt be off topic.

[quote=Mediated Anarchist;120476]There is nothing wrong with it Lisa - apart from it is in the wrong section and therefore, going on recent actions, may be deleted. The poster does not say where they want to purchase the sand and we are not mind readers - so no one has yet given the poster a exact answer unless they do have "Toys R Us" or similar in Italy, which I'm sure they do, but the thread has now been noticed by others so they are in with a chance to get a variety of replies - most of which will no doubt be off topic.[/quote]

It's not in the wrong section if the poster is looking for sand in Le Marche. Since it appears to be an oversight on the part of the poster, it's easy enough for those members living in Le Marche to ask where the he/she lives, thus enabling one to respond with an appropriate solution.

Then please go ahead Lisa and ask the poster where they live and then you can advise them to buy play sand at their nearest similar Toys R Us outlet.

[quote=Mediated Anarchist;120483]Then please go ahead Lisa and ask the poster where they live and then you can advise them to buy play sand at their nearest similar Toys R Us outlet.[/quote]

I really do not see the need for such sarcasm. There is no reason to treat the original poster or me with disrepect. They posed a simple question and we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they are not a "slow" spammer and answer the question to the best of our ability. If you took the time to check my profile, you would realize that I do not live in Le Marche so cannot offer help. There are plenty though in the area whom I am sure are able to.

I did not treat you or the orignal poster with disrespect Lisa and I am sorry you have chosen to see it that way. However, I will not attempt to change your mind as you are entitled to your opinion.

I gave them an answer to the best of my ability when I suggested "Toys R Us" or similar. I also suggested you go ahead and ask them where they live because I do not wish (and do not have the time) to check anyones profile or past posts before replying.

Nothing wrong with the question Lisa C, I just feel it would be better placed in General Chatter.

Perhaps it would be an idea for the original poster to ask at a local primary school or nursery, do they have sandpits in Italian schools?

Or they could visit a beach and fill a couple of strong bin bags, probably not allowed but I doubt anyone would challenge them. :bigergrin:

This is Italy. Just go to the beach for your sand. Do you honestly think anyone will notice. but then I don't think this thread was really about that.

There are often ads on here for people travelling with empty vans. Maybe you could persuade someone to take a couple of bags from the UK for you. Or what about trying a garden centre?