Monument: Sforza Castle
Sforza Castle is in Milan, northern Italy. It was built in the 15th century by Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan, on the remnants of a 14th-century fortification. Later renovated and enlarged, in the 16th and 17th centuries it was one of the largest citadels in Europe.
Extensively rebuilt by Luca Beltrami in 1891–1905, it now houses several of the city's museums and art collections. The Pinacoteca del Castello Sforzesco, with an art collection which includes Andrea Mantegna's Trivulzio Madonna and masterpieces by Canaletto, Tiepolo, Vincenzo Foppa, Titian and Tintoretto, the Egyptian Museum, the Museum of Rondanini Pietà which includes Michelangelo's last sculpture, and The Trivulziana Library holds Leonardo da Vinci's 'Codex Trivulzianus' manuscript are among the most important ones.Wikipedia
20121 Milano MI