“Untouched Italy”: Basilicata & Puglia Small Group Tour
- 6 nights in Basilicata in a quaint agriturismo
- 4 nights in Puglia in a typical masseria
- Private guided walking tour of Matera
- Visit a "ghost town" in the region of Basilicata
- See the 'Trulli' of Alberobello
- Walking tour of Lecce
- Visit to an olive oil farm with tasting
- Enjoy hands-on cooking classes learning to create authentic regional specialties
- Mozzarella cheese making lesson
- Savor local specialties during our tasting excursions
- Indulge in multi-course dinners served with local wines
- Shop at local markets
- Watch local artisan demonstrations
- Sip delicious wines while taking in the amazing views of olive trees and grape vines
- Learn all about the history, culture, traditions, and food production of the area
- Explore the incredible countryside, its vineyards, small villages, and intimate, off-the-beaten path locations
- Small group size of only 6-10 guests
May 6-16, 2023
Join us in our small group tour this spring to the regions of Basilicata & Puglia!
The most authentic Italy can be found in the towns and villages of regions like Basilicata and Puglia. To discover this real side of Italy, we'll take on you excursions to visit quaint little villages like Alberobello or Martina Franca, and Baroque towns like Lecce. In the region of Basilicata, we'll see villages that seem to be clinging to the rocky cliffside like Castelmezzano and Pietrapertosa. You'll walk the streets of Matera that were made famous in Mel Gibson's movie Passion of the Christ and see the fascinating Sassi, (historic cave dwellings). We'll also visit some mysterious ghost towns, such as Craco.
These areas remain "untouched" - reminiscent of the unspoiled and authentic Italy, evoking an appreciation for the country’s least-exploited destination. It's in these sites that you will discover the true Southern Italy and these lesser-known locations, which will ensure you experience these regions at their most authentic.
This tour has been designed especially to immerse you in the local culture. Every day you’ll explore a part of these 2 regions and discover their incredible beauty: the sea, mountains, historic towns, characteristic architecture, nature, sacred sites, food, wine, and of course, the locals. Yet you’ll have plenty of free time to relax and explore on your own and enjoy the unique native lifestyle.
In this itinerary we have included the very best of Southern Italy, visiting places where you can truly get the real feel of the region, staying in a typical masseria or farm house of the area, visiting picture-perfect beautiful locations, and exploring with our expert local guides. This will be a journey of exploration, of the warm locals, art and tradition, food and wine, and the genuine atmosphere.
Our "Untouched Italy" Tour is a fully-escorted tour with all of your accommodations, excursions & tours, transportation and most of your meals completely arranged and included.
Tour Dates: Basilicata & Puglia: 11 Days/10 Nights - May 6-16, 2023
Customized & private tours of Italy, custom itinerary planning, small-group tours, day tours, accessibility/disability tours, and special celebrations & event planning
This small-group tours is almost completely inclusive: Transfers, accommodations, most meals, excursions and tours, tastings, guides, drivers, and all entrance fees.
**Airfare is not included.
What Not Included
Airfare, Travel insurance, Document fees, Anything not outlined in the itinerary. Covid related expenses.
Most tours are 8-10 days