Hedonistic Hiking - Fully-inclusive guided gourmet walking holidays across Italy
At Hedonistic Hiking we specialise in small group escorted hiking holidays – with more than a little gastronomic indulgence! Our main destination is Italy, but several tours cross over into neighbouring France, Austria and Slovenia.
Our tours are as much about gourmet food and fine wine as the hiking! Lunch on most days is a delicious al fresco picnic, rustled up with fresh regional ingredients, while restaurant dinners showcase the best local cuisine and wines. Our guests learn about local produce by walking through the landscape, past vineyards, orchards and fishing ports but also by spending time with cheesemakers, truffle hunters and winemakers.
Our hikes are clearly graded (1-5), ranging from gentle walks through Tuscan and Piedmontese vineyards to more challenging level 5 hikes in the Italian Alps and the mountains of the Dolomites. We provide detailed information on the distances, ascents and descents for each hike and are very happy to answer any questions hikers may have about the routes.
Tours also include cultural visits to castles, churches, important artworks and some itineraries offer hands-on cooking classes. Our holidays are fully-inclusive of accommodation in charming hotels, all meals, wines, excursions, transfers and any additional activities. Guests come mainly from the UK, US and Australia, with each group of 16 generally comprising a mix of couples, friends and solo travellers.
Hedonistic Hiking was established 15 years ago by husband and wife team, Jackie and Mick Parsons, who still design, research and lead every tour.
- Accommodation in atmospheric handpicked hotels
- Support and local knowledge of two experienced guides
- All meals matched with fine local wines
- Gourmet picnic lunches
- Dinners in superb local restaurants
- A support vehicle at all times (except a few high mountain days)
- Transport to/from the start and end of the holiday
- Comprehensive pre-trip information
- Luggage transported so all you need to carry is a small backpack
- Museum visits, cooking classes and wine tastings as per each individual itinerary
What Not Included
Flights not included