Puglia packs a punch. This multifaceted southern region is finally getting some long-overdue attention from Italy lovers around the world.
The sixth edition of Bellissimo, our quarterly digital magazine, covers all things Puglia — the sparkly “heel” of Italy’s boot and a growing hotspot for tourism. Travelers — especially repeat visitors to Italy looking to move beyond the country’s better-worn paths — are discovering what Italians have known all along: that this region is packed with idiosyncratic beauty and curiosities, colorful history, spectacular coastlines and, of course, highly regionalized wine and cuisine.
In more than 90 pages, we reveal Puglia’s unique architecture, share its time-honored culinary staples and discover some lesser-known destinations — all within a region that, for many visitors to Italy, remains somewhat mysterious and unexplored. Whether you’re planning a trip or just doing a bit of armchair dreaming, you’ll love this journey through small-town life around the region, wild beaches worth every last vacation day, baroque architectural treasures and exclusive-to-the-region accommodations.
This issue’s features include:
- The ins and outs of making orecchiette pasta
- An inside look at how restoring a quirky trullo house really goes
- A guide to finding your perfect Pugliese beach
- Signature dishes from the region’s cucina povera tradition
Plus, our definitive guide to the region’s top annual events will have you marking up your calendar with abandon!
There are two ways to enjoy Bellissimo:
- If you’re a Premium Subscriber to Italy Magazine, you can download Bellissimo for free as part of your membership benefits. (Just make sure you're logged in to download your free copy).
- If you’re not a Premium Subscriber, you can purchase Bellissimo for $14.99, or sign up for a Premium Membership at $99 to enjoy all back issues of Bellissimo, along with unlocked access to all our Italy intel and many other members-only perks.