Mrs C's activity

Questions Asked

You haven't asked any questions yet - go ahead and post a question

Comments posted

Wed, 01/08/2020 - 08:16



Mon, 07/15/2019 - 07:43

In the end I wrote them a letter in my best italian explaining my postal address and telephone number.  They sent me a form to pay the bill by direct debit and I posted it back to them and was sorted.  You could try this 

Tue, 02/05/2019 - 07:57

Sounds like your shower has too much flow.  Most peoples shower do not have much flow and an 80 litre tank can normally supply 2-3 peoples showers.  Try changing the size of the shower head. We have an 80ltre tank and 3KW supply and can manage 3 showers in the morning.   Welcome to Termini.... we are in Trabia next door :)

Tue, 01/08/2019 - 08:28

So if you have dual residency in UK and in Italy, and drive your UK car to Italy and back to the UK every year to MOT it and insure it what do you do. It is very difficult to get UK RHD car registered with italian plates and also not good when you need to sell it as better to return to UK to sell on UK Plates.Madness!Maybe if you show your UK/EU Driving licence and UK passport you will be excempt? 

Thu, 09/20/2018 - 07:56

We use StaySure - they seem to be very good and have cover for Earthquake, Fire etc. 

Tue, 02/06/2018 - 08:04

Normally, UK comprehensive cover will convert to Third Party when Driving abroad.   You need to check your policy.   But if the car does not have a valid MOT this may cause it to default.We looked at transfering our Panda (uk) onto italian plates at 2 ACI offices and it is an administrative nightmare.  The office had documents for 4 weeks and did nothing with them so in the end we gave up.  We now plan to bring car back home for MOT and re-insure once a year.Good luck if you decide to go down this route.  It is expensive and also the italian insurance is also expensive compared to UK insurance. 

Mon, 01/22/2018 - 08:00

We wrote a letter to ENEL as it was back then (now SEN) and asked to pay it by direct debit from our Italian Bank account.  They then sent us a direct debit form, which we completed with our bank IBAN details and they set it all up and now it get pays automatically every 2 monthsWe get a text and email when the bill is due and they send an email copy of the bill out or we can log on and view it on their website. Hard bit is setting it all up.  Think you have to log in and select payment method if you want to pay by paypal.You can always take the bill to the post office, Tobaccanist or some shops and pay there (be preparted to queue though) 

Tue, 08/22/2017 - 07:33

Strictly speaking if the car is left in Italy for over 6 months it should be registered in Italy and be given italian plates. It would then require an Italian equivalent of an MOT every 2 years.The only other option is to bring it back to the UK for an MOT to re-insure.   Just planning to take our UK car over there for a year too :)

Tue, 05/09/2017 - 08:13

When we applied for Residency, we just took out annual travel insurance  (which included health cover) with Ryanair (I think) and also took our E111 cards,  but the Comune didn't ask to see it and were not interested in seeing the documentsGood Luck!   

Tue, 03/21/2017 - 09:29

Strangely enough, my last ENEL bill was high (and the electricity consumption was zero for the 2 months!)Some of it was the TV Licence Part which is being taken out in bi-monthly installments of 20 EurosThe other part was high transmission and maintence charges for the supply which we have not been charged for previously. Seems we have a new Supplier 'Servizio Electrico Nationale' where ENEL have changed names on the bill. Maybe that is why the bills are higher