In the photo: Restaurant Le Bontà del Capo in Conca dei Marini (Salerno).
Trip Advisor has revealed the results of its annual Traveller's Choice Awards, which include the Top Ten Italian restaurants according to the site's users.
Below is the Top Ten list - note that just one is a Michelin-starred restaurant, Piazza Duomo in Alba, which, interestingly enough, is not first in the list, but second after Cum Quibus in San Gimignano. Cum Quibus is also the only Italian restaurant to appear in Trip Advisor's list of the Top Ten Restaurants in the World, ranking eighth. Tuscany is the winning region, with two more restaurants besides the already mentioned Cum Quibus: Casa Masi in Montaione (Florence province) and Il Goccino in Lucignano (province of Arezzo). It is followed by the Lake Garda area in the Veneto region with two restaurants in the top ten, Al Gondoliere in Malcesine and Esplanade in Desenzano del Garda.
- Cum Quibus (San Gimignano)
- Piazza Duomo (Alba)
- Ristorante Al Gondoliere (Malcesine, Lake Garda)
- Le Bontà del Capo (Conca dei Marini, Salerno)
- Ristorante Coccorone (Montefalco, Perugia)
- Tempio del Gusto (Spoleto)
- Casa Masi (Montaione, Florence)
- Le Vele (Misano Adriatico, Rimini)
- Ristorante Esplanade (Desenzano del Garda)
- Il Goccino (Lucignano, Arezzo)
Not everybody believes Trip Advisor's reviews are truthful, with critics saying some are posted by the owners themselves or by friends to increase ratings. Nevertheless, considering these results, we would like to know if you have been to any of these restaurants and what you thought.