Five Sicilian islands – Lampedusa, Favignana, Lipari, Vulcano and Salina – are in the Top Ten Islands voted by Trip Advisor users in the 2014 Travelers’ Choice Awards.
Campania and Sardinia are also well represented, with two islands each: Capri, which takes the crown, and Ischia for Campania, Sant’Antioco and La Maddalena for Sardinia.
Tuscany features with Elba.
Below is the full list:
- Capri (Campania)
- Lampedusa (Pelagie Islands, Sicily)
- Favignana (Aegadian Islands, Sicily)
- Ischia (Campania)
- Lipari (Aeolian Islands, Sicily)
- Salina (Aeolian Islands, Sicily)
- Sant’Antioco (Sardinia)
- Vulcano (Aeolian Islands, Sicily)
- Elba (Tuscany)
- Maddalena (Sardinia)
Have you been to any of the islands mentioned above?
For the Top Ten Italian Hotels rated by Trip Advisor, click here.
For the Top Ten Italian Restaurants rated by Trip Advisor, click here.