In its annual Travelers Choice Awards, Trip Advisor reveals the top ten Italian hotels, according to the site's users.
While it may not surprise hotels like the Four Seasons in Florence and the Buca di Bacco and Bellevue Syrene on the Amalfi Coast made the list, it is interesting to notice two featured hotels are on the Riviera Adriatica, the stretch of coast in Romagna that is a popular seaside destination, as well as two in the Dolomites, near Bolzano, while cities like Rome or Milan were left out.
Here is the list - let us know if you had the chance to stay at any of these hotels.
1. Hotel Schwarzenstein, Lutago (Bolzano)
2. Four Seasons Hotel, Florence
3. Hotel Monika, Sesto (Pusteria, Bolzano)
4. Bellevue Syrene, Sorrento (Amalfi Coast)
5. Hotel Ai Reali, Venice
6. Maree Hotel, Cesenatico (Rimini, on the Adriatic coast)
7. Hotel Borgo Pantano, Siracusa
8. Hotel Belvedere, Riccione (on the Adriatic coast)
9. Hotel Buca di Bacco, Positano (Amalfi Coast)
10. Petronilla Hotel, Bergamo
For the Top Ten Italian Restaurants as rated by Trip Advisor's Travelers Choice Awards, click here.